V for Vendetta

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Werewolf, Jul 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Showing tonight on BBC3 at 2100. 8)
  2. If 1984 is the government's training film, this should be ours.
  3. Natalie Portman's English accent is very good, too. And of course, she's a babe...

This film gets better each time I watch it.
  4. Love the film.

If only the mask hat and cape had an NSN the coup would be on!

.... mind you we'd probably still have to buy our own kit online anyway as usual.
  5. I love this Movie, its always a talking point between me and the wife (Septic)
    She doesnt get the movie for what it is, but she does like it as a movie.

Am always moved by this film, could watch it over and over again
  6. Seconded.

Best line in the movie is, of course:

"People should not be afraid of their Government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
  7. I just hope "Creepy" Mandy is not watching it. Brown is a moron and a coward. But if there is a man in the UK today who is ruthless and cunning enough to kill thousands in order to seize absolute power, it's the Prince of Darkness himself... 8O
  8. It's probably been commented on before but it's nice to see dear old Larkhill mentioned in 'V'.

"Larkhill Detention Centre"?

"Larkhill getting mullered on Wadsworth 6X and the local cider loopy juice and meeting extemely ugly and friendly munters" more like.

Good days.

Good film.
  9. Random Audio Sweeps sounds very Zanu
  10. Very good film.

Possibly the only one based on an Alan Moore comic that was worth a damn until Watchmen came out earlier this year.

The only question is why after introducing Stephen Fry in a non-original part did they have him do that cringingly-awful Benny Hill skit.

And, oh yes indeed, Natalie Portman is a total babe, even with a bald head and she got her accent was down pat.
  11. Best bit now with the dominoes!
  12. I agree that it's a splendid film.

I was, however, struck by the fact that Alan Moore failed to predict a government of such totalitarian instincts that it would make smoking in public houses a criminal offence, regardless of the wishes of the landlord.

All the best,

13. I cant believe the guy who plays V is the guy who plays Agent Smith from the Matrix.

Still, cracking film and parliament gets blown up. :D
  14. If only is all I can say.
  15. Alan Moore has an intro in new editions of the graphic novel explaining why he didn't see Labour coming. Very interesting guy,great comics!

Edited for spelling like a twit