Utah's state weapon

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by tutankhamun, Mar 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Utah has become the first US state to designate an official state firearm.

The Browning M1911 joins the state fossil (allosaurus), fruit (cherry), gem (topaz), bird (sea gull) and other symbols with official designation.

and our official firearm would be ?

2. a farmers double barrel shotgun?

3. Hangun:- Webley .455 (the FN HP Browning would be an ironic choice given the designer but its foreign also)
    Longarms:- Either the Lee Enfield or the Bren (ironic as its Czech) (yeah I know James Paris Lee was Scots/Canuck but I'm voting for British not English)

Or :- The Longbow

4. SLR

Jeezo! Why the debate?

5. Utah's state bird is the seagull??????? But Utah's hundreds of miles from the sea.......

6. Utah's one BFO landfill.

7. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Why do seagulls have wings?

So they can beat the scousers to the tip.

8. It's Belgian.

9. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

God bless D.J Saive.

10. Probably the Lee-Enfield but it's not been in production in this country for fifty-five years.... then again, that's probably quite apt.

11. The Martini-Henry? I know Friedrich von Martini had a hand in it,but the rifled barrel was designed by Scotsman Alexander Henry. It first entered service in 1871. it remained in service throughout the British Empire until the end of the First World War.and It was seen in use by some Afghani tribesmen as late as the Soviet invasion.

12. An empty Fairy Liquid bottle.

13. I think it would have to be the Brown Bess that i belive was the last completly english designed and manufactured firearm,and its good fun to shoot .

14. It saved you from having to speak Russian. And ours weren't Belgian, the Belgian ones were rubbish. The Belgian ones came with a Russian phrase book.

According to a guy in the pub.

15. If you include its predecessor the Lee Metford, the Lee Enfield was in British Army Service from 1888 till about 1992 (L42). The .22 conversions are still in cadet service.