USS Winston Churchill reports for Texas Mardi Gras

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by WEATHERMAN1956, Feb 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=48303d60a30bc30d

[​IMG]

8)

2. "Galveston" Definitely my favourite Glen Campbell song! :D

(Thats my last shred of human dignity gone then! :oops: )

3. Sleeper_service sez:

Say Ss... ahh... which end of that 'kipper' do ya light up?

8)

(Party at Galveston! gotta love it!)

4. This could be a wah, but I shall take it at face value.

Kippers, kedgeree and porridge laced with scotch. Now THATS a breakfast! :D

5. Sleeper_service wrote:

The 'porridge laced with scotch' sounds like the 'whiskey oats'
    I feed my horse when he's down...

Man...that 'kedgeree' stuff...isn't that a 'poached fish'?

Last time I[/] 'poached' a fish...the mescalero apache 'game warden'
    who caught me with a flyrod on a reservation creek nearly scalped my wallet!

8O
    [/quote]

6. You're kinda on the right track, but the kipper is a smoked herring, Kedgeree is a traditional dish of rice, flaked/smoked fish and hard-boiled eggs.
    I dont know about your "whiskey oats", but it sounds to me like you spoil that horse! :wink:
    Our porridge is what you call oatmeal, and as its a Scottish dish, it has to be served with scotch which is Scots whisky (no e) whiskey is Irish, and at the risk of a barrage of abuse from the culchies, its an inferior product.

I've gotta say, the chance of being scalped by Apaches, does make the UK sound dull by comparison. 8O

7. J_D

J_D LE

Like the Red Dwarf qoute!!

Ain't Porrdige supposed to have salt with it and not suger? Apparently brings out the oat taste more and its a savory food.

(Useless info for you!)

8. Yeh, well thats the theory, but trust me, leave both the salt and sugar alone (unless you want to get fat and/or have a heart attack! :lol: ) and go with the scotch, its sheer bloody ambrosia! (food of the gods, not the tinned rice pudding :roll: )

9. I'm guessing that you're the Carlos Santana looky-likey, or the one in the pink wig! :wink:

10. Galveston! I still have my Galveston RFC shirt. The last stop on a gruelling fortnight long tour....I tore an intercostal muscle and didnt feel it til I was back in the UK for 3 days.

11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

[​IMG]

That's one brave pilot !

Would you fly anything past a septic ship that has live AA/AAA onboard ? 8O

12. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

:lol:

not feckin' likely!! 8O

13. Yup. That's it. Oatmeal with Whisky (or Wiskey, and yes, we know the difference) is what we feed the horses. :D

Gets them a bit tipsy and cooperative for grooming chores of a delicate nature.

Never imagined people ate this mix. 8O

Oatmeal is eaten with butter, brown sugar and sometimes raisins and milk.

:D

14. I probably dont qualify as "people" due to my fairly extreme nature, but most people who eat this, are Scots, and they are not, technically speaking, people either! :D