USS Port Royal

Discussion in 'US' started by DavidBOC, Feb 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw the news article below just now. Port Royal is the newest of the Ticonderoga class of cruiser. Reading the article it sound like it will not be a career-enhancing event for the captain.

2. USS Decatur(DD-5) ran aground at Batangas with Ens. Chester W. Nimitz (USNA'05) commanding in 1908. Nimitz was court-martialed, convicted of "Hazarding a Navy ship" and received a letter of reprimand.

But yeah, career ender today
  3. Looks like that captain is going to be sailing a desk if he stays in... or sent off as part of a naval exchange program.
  4. I think that boy is in a whole heap o'trouble.
  5. It did not come off on the third try. They are waiting for the next high tide. Somehow I suspect the Captain will be receiving orders to SURFPAC shortly after they get back into Pearl Harbor. Shame too because Port Royal, as a newer CG, would have been AW for her Battle Group. Means that the Captain had a shot at making Flag rank. Somebody else gets lucky. Also, with the sonar dome flooded, its not going to be a cheap repair.

6. I don't think any of us will be surprised at this news article:

Reading his bio at the ships website I realized that he was born and raised in the next town to me. He had a very good career until a few days ago.