USS Enterprise

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Blackcat, Jun 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

WOnder how many hours he spent on that and I'll bet there has been a few times when he's wanted to smash it against the wall :D

2. Wow, thats impressive.
    That bloke must have the patience of a saint.
    The detailing is incredible, even down to pipes and fire extinguishers on the walls.
    Incredibly geeky, but incredibly impressive.
    Im not surprised the ships captain invited him onboard.

3. Remember seeing something similar in the Air and Space part of the Smithsonian Institution. And it saying something along the lines of the guy couldn't find any model kits of E-7B Prowlers so modified a couple of A-6 Intruders.

There's no way as a kid I'd have managed anything other than sticking my fingers together :oops:

4. makes my feeble efforts look truly shite
    total dedication and single-mindedness
    probably no life tho'

5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Utterly fantastic work ... :worship:

In my 1/72 Airfix modelling days I'd have been thrilled to get just one aircraft looking so right. To build a complete Air Wing [partly from scratch] ... and the ship ... awesome!

It belongs in a museum, but presumably the house will have to be demolished to get it out?

6. 8O

Nineteen years? Why do I suspect he isn't married? Anyway, excellent job of course but you have to wonder if he would have started the project if he'd known how long it would take. Hmm... also wonder if was afraid his subject matter would be decommisioned before he completed the model.

7. In a word.....................awsome! Truly impressive and the level of detail is fantastic, especially where he's got the two Tomcat crewman from VF114 'Aardvarks' wearing their old orange flying suits, worn because it matched the colour of their squadron emblem! Which they did up until the early nineties I believe, until they were forced to wear the more traditional 'Growbag'!!! :D

8. spotter...

9. blue-sophist

... *ahem* ...

3. Also featuring … occasionally … Some other ARRSEs,
    Porridge_gun, WhiteHorse, Man_in_blue, Pupgreen, OllieReeder, Fatal_Bert, DPM_Sheep, LARD, Leccy, Persian Kitten, Golf One-One, BigBadBill, EscapeFromPrune, JimmysBestMate, Ali_Gee ….

10. hi bs - comment not aimed at the model ,,just s54..and yes i am a spotter...model would look great in my museum...

11. Can he make a full size one and save us £12 BILLION on the new supercarriers...? :cool:

12. I wouldn't call you a spotter Pup!!! :twisted:

[​IMG]

13. blue-sophist

Cheers, PG :wink:

14. Youve been locked in that Office too Long Soprano :)
    Pup when you next visit him, take a picture of a Tank. (maybe i should cut n paste this to the 3RTR Forum)
    :) :) :boogie:

Got to say is rather a good model of a boat