Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USS Bonhomme Richard on Fire

$3bn to fix a 20 year old ship, $4bn for a new one. Ouch.

I guess that’s someone’s fleet availability planning work gone for a shit. Retain one of the other older Wasps a bit longer, as the Americas come online? There’s (I think) three Tarawas in reserve, but I don’t imagine they will be called upon, having got them all out of the fleet already.
Genuine question: recalling vessels from reserve seems a non-starter but if this isn't an occasion when that could be justified, why keep vessels in reserve? When would a vessel be recommissioned from the reserve?

Genuine question: recalling vessels from reserve seems a non-starter but if this isn't an occasion when that could be justified, why keep vessels in reserve? When would a vessel be recommissioned from the reserve?

I think in this case, the Tarawas are just awaiting donation/scrapping arrangements. Bit like the Iowas, technically on the books until donated, but never coming back.

I suppose if an enemy sank half a dozen Wasps with divers and mines in a simultaneous attack while alongside, that might prompt a re-think, but short of that, they're headed for museums or the scrapper.

I am sure a deal can be struck, that would be beneficial for both our countries.
Will the QE and POW be able to operate F-35C's??
Fitted for, but not with, cats and traps?

When does POW get to IOC and could we speed it up with the investment of the cousins in return for some US/UK Marine expeditions (without the well deck)

Do the RN have any well decks on the ships?

We could invite HMAS Adelaide along for a threesome but none of the special forces obviously.

When does POW get to IOC and could we speed it up with the investment of the cousins in return for some US/UK Marine expeditions (without the well deck)

Do the RN have any well decks on the ships?

We could invite HMAS Adelaide along for a threesome but none of the special forces obviously.

When you say on the ship do you mean QE? In which case no. The ships in the RN that have well docks are the two Albion LPDs and 3 Bay Class LSD(A)s.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Could always ask the Indians, HMS Hermes isn’t doing a lot know, bit of T Cut black nasty......

Taxi!
They are Septics and don't have the culture of Black Nasty fixes everything! :)

Latest Threads