USN Persian Gulf Deployment

The Enterprise strike group is en route to the Gulf to join the Stennis and Nimitz strike groups. A fourth carrier strike group may soon be deployed to the Red Sea. This may be in response to the Gaza takeover by Hamas and other events in the region.

tomahawk6 said:
Alot of problems would be resolved if Iran no longer existed. But thats just wishful thinking.
Likewise if the US didn't stick its nose in to everthing and try to be in control all the time...

tomahawk6 said:
Alot of problems would be resolved if Iran no longer existed. But thats just wishful thinking.
One could say the same about George W...

tomahawk6 said:
Suppose that the God gives you an abitity to erase only one country form the map. What it would be?

- Iran?
- N.Korea?
- Russia?
- China?
- Cuba?
- Venezuela?

or what?

In other words existence of what country is the main threat to USA?

I would prob vote for Russia, Iran, or China or better yet just pick one out of a hat, but on this list those would be the top three that would have to go.

KGB_resident said:
tomahawk6 said:
Suppose that the God gives you an abitity to erase only one country form the map. What it would be?

- Iran?
- N.Korea?
- Russia?
- China?
- Cuba?
- Venezuela?

or what?

I vote for Wales.

You're all fcuking mental - T6/LJONESY, what the hell gives you the right to judge whether the world would be better off if places like Iran didn't even exist?

Guess we can just ignore the fact that Iraq/Iran are considered to be where the Garden of Eden etc. were. Not being religious, I think that's balls, but it is AMERICAN politicians who bang on and on about religion.

My argument is not cohesive because i've got steam coming out of my ears because a couple of yanks with a country about 300 years old is saying somewhere like Iran shouldn't exist. Fcuking Cnuts.

Editted to add: Second the vote for Wales. 8O

KGB_resident said:
tomahawk6 said:

- Iran?
- N.Korea?
- Russia?
- China?
- Cuba?
- Venezuela?

or what?

Luxumbourg... :D

Kidding of course... there is no nation who's very existance is a threat to anyone but rather some national leaders who's anti-social behavior needs to be addressed and perhaps they need to be relieved of some of their toys.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Perhaps the hawks in the American government and in ours too should consider that the only threat posed by Iran, is that of it's leadership. The great majority of Iranians are pro-western, and there is a solid opposition to the present regime. Sabre-rattling only adds to the power that the regime, and the mullahs weild over the population.
Threats of war, or air-strikes or even strong sanctions gives the governing body the opportunity to bring in even stricter controls over the populace.
And, we might remind our transatlantic allies that Iranians are not ethnically Arabs!

My vote for a country would be Scotland. Granpaw Broon comes from there.

Uh right... Bush will be gone next year so not worth the effort.

I'm thinking more of unelected dictators who get their populations fired up via xenophobic diatrabes while starving them... you know, the real nasty SOBs like Kim Jong Il and Robert Mugabe.

Khyros said:
...unelected dictators who get their populations fired up via xenophobic diatrabes while starving them (of money)...
OH! My apologies. You'd be referring to Gordon Brown then?

I see what you're saying, and I agree - leaderships in some countries defy believe (Zimbabwe, N. Korea, even Russia again) and need a good shoeing to sort them out, but I took offence at the suggestion that the countries needed to be wiped out - you KNOW that's what LJONESY and T6 were saying.

:x SHAME ON YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!

Why pick on the poor chinese ,russkies,iranians and the welsh ?????

WHAT ABOUT THE BLOODY FRENCH????????????????

dont worry what the septics are up to look at the ******* we have next door.

Divert the fleet to the channel and invade france .....we have an assault tunnel made for invasion !!!!! :twisted:

eveyuk said:
KGB_resident said:
tomahawk6 said:

- Iran?
- N.Korea?
- Russia?
- China?
- Cuba?
- Venezuela?

or what?

I vote for Wales.
... aren't the English quaint (and parochial)?

Harri Webb said:
What Wales needs, and has always lacked most
Is, instead of an eastern boundary, an East Coast.
... roll on global Warming ... ;p

We love you really, rockape34. Yes, the English are quaint. :)

And also, France IS a tempting target, which has been disgracefully overlooked. Much more so than Wales! :D