USN Persian Gulf Deployment

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Jun 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Enterprise strike group is en route to the Gulf to join the Stennis and Nimitz strike groups. A fourth carrier strike group may soon be deployed to the Red Sea. This may be in response to the Gaza takeover by Hamas and other events in the region.
  2. Naval movements. Phnar phnar.
  3. Think T6 is hoping for a strike on Iran - so maybe he's had a movement from excitement...
  4. Cow

Cow LE

Someones playing Risk somewhere aren't they... Who shall we invade next?!
  5. Alot of problems would be resolved if Iran no longer existed. But thats just wishful thinking.
  6. Cow

Cow LE

Likewise if the US didn't stick its nose in to everthing and try to be in control all the time...
  7. One could say the same about George W...
  8. See T6 has had a re-think on the name of the thread...
  9. Suppose that the God gives you an abitity to erase only one country form the map. What it would be?

- Iran?
    - N.Korea?
    - Russia?
    - China?
    - Cuba?
    - Venezuela?

or what?

In other words existence of what country is the main threat to USA?
  10. I would prob vote for Russia, Iran, or China or better yet just pick one out of a hat, but on this list those would be the top three that would have to go.
  11. I vote for Wales.
  12. You're all fcuking mental - T6/LJONESY, what the hell gives you the right to judge whether the world would be better off if places like Iran didn't even exist?

Guess we can just ignore the fact that Iraq/Iran are considered to be where the Garden of Eden etc. were. Not being religious, I think that's balls, but it is AMERICAN politicians who bang on and on about religion.

My argument is not cohesive because i've got steam coming out of my ears because a couple of yanks with a country about 300 years old is saying somewhere like Iran shouldn't exist. Fcuking Cnuts.

Editted to add: Second the vote for Wales. 8O
  13. Luxumbourg... :D

Kidding of course... there is no nation who's very existance is a threat to anyone but rather some national leaders who's anti-social behavior needs to be addressed and perhaps they need to be relieved of some of their toys.
  14. Khyros - Bush, for instance?

(also Bliar)
  15. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Perhaps the hawks in the American government and in ours too should consider that the only threat posed by Iran, is that of it's leadership. The great majority of Iranians are pro-western, and there is a solid opposition to the present regime. Sabre-rattling only adds to the power that the regime, and the mullahs weild over the population.
    Threats of war, or air-strikes or even strong sanctions gives the governing body the opportunity to bring in even stricter controls over the populace.
    And, we might remind our transatlantic allies that Iranians are not ethnically Arabs!

My vote for a country would be Scotland. Granpaw Broon comes from there.