USN officer's report from the USS Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by stoatman, Jan 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. J_D

J_D LE

1) its a galley or scran hall

2) WTF's this guy on, are all yanks so self greed!! they always think "they" are doing everything
  3. 1) the US probably use different slang & terminology, so get your knickers out of your arrsecrack.

2) err, well, the aid's being delivered using US ships and US planes, and the UN is trying to claim that it's them that's doing it. So the US /is/ doing practically everything.
  4. Anya, never mind what that guy is on WTF are you on! That is about the most up to date and factual assesment of this whole debacle i have seen to date.

5. J_D

J_D LE

Actually USN use the same naval term's as we do. Its a all over world thing.

We have british armed forces out there. HMS Chatham is one of them and I know there's army out there.

All i am saying is USA claim they do it all. Like iraq and the most famous one "WW2" cus of course we'd be speaking german by now if it wasn't for them cus they won the war!
  6. Anya, i think your way off here.

The yanks have put their lives on the line and pumped in lots of resources and manpower into helping these people recover from what is most likely a hell on earth.

What thanks do they get from all these relief workers, indonesian army officers and some of the locals?

NO THANKS, their resources, help and time taken for granted, and some little ignorant twats wearing OBL t-shirts whilst they take food parcels from the hands of US sailors and soldiers.

So much for hating the great satan!, there quire happy to take their food parcels and stab them in the back :evil:

I think they deserve our utmost respect (At least as much as we have for OUR servicemen and women out there helping the locals)
  7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Anya - if you haven't got something sensible to say, then STFU :evil:

OK, that over, I do hope that this article gets reprinted in the British Media - but of course it won't, as it gives the lie to the Dear Leader's assertions that the UN is some sort of tin god.

I wonder how much of our 'charidee' money goes to transporting all these useless freeloaders?

Good points about losing combat effectiveness as well. Most people don't realise that an Armed Force has to train - hard and continuously - to be any good at their job. Time spent doing other things, no matter how worthy, mean you will be less good at your main role.
  8. J_D

J_D LE

I'm not slating america i just meant that they don't seem to register over people helping sometimes.

I got family in the usmc's and army and listening to them half the time you'd know.

I know they put alot of hard work and effort out there and i never said a bad thing about it. I respect them for it and hope everything goes well.

Slate me all you want and try to make out that i have said something i ain't but its an opinion like many other people on here it maybe wrong and i stand to say sorry
  9. J_D

J_D LE

I apoligise if i annoyed any one or i explained wrongly
  10. Well lets face it: if you have any idea how big a carrier group is, you would realise how much they are doing.

We would NOT have won the war without Uncle Sam ( and Uncle Joe as well, but thats another issue. )

Read what the bloke says - the civvies are treating a warship and its facilities in a pisspoor manner - taking up helicopter space, getting fed and declining to pay for it, etc etc.

Good on Uncle same for getting stuck in, and top marks to "Ed Stanton" for showing what the do-gooders are actually doing.
  11. J_D

J_D LE

well if the USN arn't happy with civvies taking over, kick them off. Its plain and simple. they are housing them out of "good will" and if its taken advantage then put a stop to it
  12. Im not a big fan of the septics, but i really hate the freeloading do-gooders in the so called 'Aid Agencies'.
  13. Not a dig at you anya.

you are entitled to your ideas, but you being from the navy would know how hard life is on a ship, and having civvies on board taking advantage of your help/hospitality whilst getting no thanks and stabbed in the back, doesnt make it any easier.

14. J_D

J_D LE

I know what a pain it is but i also know if there are civvies on board taken advantage and we didn't like it they never stayed long!

If the USN don't like it end of day they invited them so uninvite them.

Thats what RN would do
  15. It's the wardroom anya not the galley or 'scran hall' .