USMC to have mandatory cultural training

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by jumpinjarhead, Sep 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. .....................

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Does this mean that Uncle Sam's Misguided Children will have to take courses in cross-dressing and naked roll-mat fighting whenever they are due to come into contact with the Royal Marines?

3. Yes but only after they've made themselves available to 3 Para Mortars and completed MATT 6

4. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

For England, a simple reprint of the booklet issued to US Forces over here (and over paid and over sexed 'twas said then) might do the trick.

Having the right Marines in the right place may be tricky. I had one CO who was a Russian interpreter but the only time he ever got to use it was when we were in the Brunsbuttel Kiel canal lock and there was a Russian ship in the opposite lock, and he used the ship's loud hailer to say a few words to them.

5. Try adding Europe to the 'Regions of Study'. It might stop your guys asking what State England is in!

6. Easy answer---at least according to the Papal prelate who strangely realiz(s)ed he had unfinished business elsewhere to which he forgot to attend before arriving on your fair shores.

7. If I was in the US Marines I'd be making sure I was on the Mexico, Caribbean and Central America Course. The practical I assume is something along the lines of going to Cancun, ordering a drink with an Umbrella in it, and shagging every spring break College Girl within molestation range.

I suggest that the USMC take the wise words of Capt E Blackadder in their cultural course... "When I joined up, I never imagined anything as awful as this war. I'd had fifteen years of military experience, perfecting the art of ordering a pink gin and saying "Do you do it doggy-doggy?" in Swahili".

8. Its not a list of the all the places they are planning to go to war in in the future? i hope.

9. I suspect not, although going back into Vietnam and Cambodia would be very Retro 1970's which I believe is in fashion at the moment.
    Mexico and Central America - have the Americans not got enough experts in this part of the world already serving?
    West South Africa: Namibia. That 'll be a fecking short course - there's nobody and nothing there.