USMC seeking Upgraded Maritime Tomahawk

U.S. Marine Corps Commandant General David Berger has recently spoken to Congress of his service's anti-ship missile plans and the service has requested $125 million to purchase 48 Tomahawks. He went to speak about the reorganisation and reprising of the roles of Navy and Marine Corps done over the past six months. The Marine Corps are assuming a role they have not had in the past 20 years and they will now be contributing to sea control and sea denial. The weapons system is new to the Corp and it will be developing a ground based launch system for it for active use against both ships and land based targets.

Yokel

LE
I thought that Tomahawk production was being ceased? Something to do with the price tag of over $1 million per missile? What sort of launcher will it be fired from and how will it be targeted? Using data from the F-35B per chance? Presumably the missile itself will need a radar for terminal homing?

Could NATO use similar arrangements in the Atlantic theatre?

I thought that Tomahawk production was being ceased? Something to do with the price tag of over $1 million per missile? What sort of launcher will it be fired from and how will it be targeted? Using data from the F-35B per chance? Presumably the missile itself will need a radar for terminal homing?

Could NATO use similar arrangements in the Atlantic theatre?
I would imagine trying to mate a tomahawk with a HIMARs would be something the Marines are looking into. It is the mobile platform that the United States has in the inventory now. The coastal arty is making a high tech comeback!

Latest Threads