USMC Poser Exposed

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Feb 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Here are a couple of articles on a two USMC posers exposed, The first is a video with him sprouting lies. (Note: you'll have to listen to the commercials first.);jsessionid=7DD1A255CF414CADB90E9DAF5E7B0BCB?contentId=2507331&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

This is an article on the second man.

Corrected to show two different posers, instead of the same person.
  2. That is unbelievable!

The guy had over 20 years of service in the Marines, was a Gunnery Sergeant, and a drill instructor, but still found it necessary to lie about his service.

He should have been proud of what he actually did, rather than walting it up.

3. Is that our friend Dogface?

4. TT- Think you misheard, he only actually served 7 weeks in total.
  5. Not according to the article:

6. Not the worst walt in the world. He did actually serve and was a Sergeant. He just "exaggerated" his story a bit.........
  7. Sorry Trip you've posted links to stories about two different guys.
  8. Its two different blokes apologies TT-

Edited- TT beat me to it!!
  9. Trip,
    what advantages could these creatures have been trying to get?
    Do ex-US servicemen get medical care, govt. jobs or a free car wash?
    Over here we tend to ignore our ex-servicemen...
  10. Now, I know you're probably going to start whining about nit-picking, but off hand, I'd say that Walt No.1- James Michael Holden(?) and Walt No.2- Larry Gugle are not one and the same. Apart from having different names, they don't look anything alike, they live in different states and each account gives two completely different stories.

Astounding powers of observation and deduction there, Trigger. No wonder you got to be a police Captain.

That having been said, No.1 was a classic "outing" of legendary proportions and I think the "Waltmobile" of No.2 rivals the fabled Airsoft "Mongpanzer".
  11. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Yes, I made a mistake and I have corrected it. I guess that I saw the two articles on the same post, on another military board that I visit and didn't read into it that much. :brilsmurf:

I've been pretty busy typing replies to other some ARRSE people making some pesonal attacks on me in other areas. :shakefist:

It must be wonderful to be like Crabtastic and never make a mistake and always be right(?) :worship:
  12. I wouldn't shoot for the moon just yet. Just try doing it once and see how you get along. After 80 years, the shock might kill you.
  13. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I have no idea. The one IMHO, had a creditable military career without adding the things he falsely, added to it. I see no real reason, for his action or what it really gained for him, except what happened, his exposure to the lies and his discredit.

The other one of course, is a pure Poser/Walt who lied about all. His motive was to be a war hero and strut around stealing the honor, of those who earned the medals and things he wore the hard way. A typical Poser and/or Walt.

Yes, American war veterans are entitled to medical care for service connected disablities, etc. as well as free medical care if they fall into a certain area.

Of course, military retirees are entitled to free, medical/dental care, PX and/or commissary shopping, standby flights on military aircraft, as well as many other bennies they share with the active military.
  14. Shame on him. The uniform he wears should have been a dead giveaway because if I remember right, Marines have never used this particular pattern, not even in Nam.

I am surprised it took so long for him to be outed. Must be a very small town.
  15. I'll take a stab at your question. A free car wash? Well, in a manner of speaking, yes. A number of walts have made financial gain over the years through donations, free meals, drinks, etc. Then there is the adulation heaped upon these poor souls (and yes, I actually feel sorry for them). That seems to be the biggest benefit recieved. But there have also been instances of accused criminals using phony military service to convince a court of their need for a second chance. Likewise, it was popular for some time to have homeless men claim veteran status in order to get a handout. Usually those guys would claim service in Vietnam...and were usually too young to haved served there.