USMC KIA in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Dec 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Jonathan A. Taylor, 22, of Jacksonville, Fla., died Dec. 1 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
  2. As I get Slightly older (Only 22) It really starts to drive it home how young the lads dying out their really are when people my age and younger die.

It amazes me how many young lads still step into the breach despite the type of negative coverage shown all over the TV at the moment.

My regards and sympathy for this lad, RIP
  3. Thankfully, it has always been so and for the sake of our respective countries I hope it will be in the future. I just hope our respective countrymen are worthy of their sacrifice.

Thanks for your sentiments.
  4. Sincere condolences to his comrades, family and friends.

Semper Fidelis.
  5. R.I.P. my sis lives in wisconsin , husband a u.s. citizen and their oldest is commencing marine corps officer training in 2010 having been a marine "on the ground" in iraq. semper fi.
  6. Thank him for his service when you can--he must be quite sharp as they have a long queue and have gotten so selective I would have never gotten had they been so picky years ago.
  7. Tragic, as always. My condolances to family and friends.

Rest In Peace, Marine. Stand guard on Heaven's streets...

Semper Fi.
  8. Rest in Peace,I truly hope that the end result of all this proves worthy of the sacrifice you and so many others have made.There has got to come a time when the world learns better ways to write it's history than in the blood and tears of the victims.
  9. jumpinjarhead.(marine r.i.p.)

thanks spoke to him today, he and his comrades will not bow to the taliban or any one else!!
    your right really sharp, from strong military families(u.k/u.s) and will make a damm good officer.