Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USMC F35 and KC-130J Collide

Ritch

LE
The two came together during a refuelling with the F35 pilot ejecting safely and the crew of the Hercules having to make a gear-up landing in a carrot field.

The F35 pilot ejected safely whilst the crew of the C130 have needed medical treatment

The two came together during a refuelling with the F35 pilot ejecting safely and the crew of the Hercules having to make a gear-up landing in a carrot field.

The F35 pilot ejected safely whilst the crew of the C130 have needed medical treatment

Good to hear that all safe; hopefully the injuries to the KC130 crew are minor. Now, about all that time spent in the F35 sim so you don't need the live hours for currency?

Lucky people.

Noticed six year tankers over the North sea yesterday in two groups. Anyone know what that was all about?

Could be this?

The KC-130J involved was the VMGR-352 color bird, Bu No 166765, which was at Marham recently, and had technical problems returning to the USA.

A picture of this in a California field post forced landing is on PPRuNe.

Last edited:
Noticed six year tankers over the North sea yesterday in two groups. Anyone know what that was all about?
Perhaps it was them scaring the shït out of the good folks of Heckmondwike and Marsden.

Nb: for balanced reporting, denizens of Marsden are known as the ‘Marsden Cuckoos‘.
66E7F224-68DE-4779-9F2A-D3E7326643F1.jpeg

The KC-130J involved was the VMGR-352 color boir, Bu No 166765, which was at Marham recently, and had technical problems returning to the USA.

A picture of this in a California field post forced landing is on PPRuNe.
W posted it in the F35 thread prior to this one being created, one intact engine.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
'UPDATE (5:15 P.M.)

IMPERIAL COUNTY, Calif. (KYMA, KECY) - Radio dispatch traffic now indicates two parachutes were seen coming from the aircraft. Military officials have picked up the individuals who ejected from the aircraft.'

did someone jump from the c-130 as well?

6765 was in Uk just over a fortnight ago as it came in beginning of the month supporting the VMFA-211 Wake Island Avengers deployment and flew into Marham. next thing it went tech on departure and ended up at Mildenhall for over a week. I saw it on the deck on the 12th and it departed the 15th.

So my photos below ..12th and 15th

cheers

C252EECE-823C-41C2-8457-B5B59B358625.jpeg
5137D2E1-F8E0-48FC-AF3C-78090D4CAF38.jpeg

'UPDATE (5:15 P.M.)

IMPERIAL COUNTY, Calif. (KYMA, KECY) - Radio dispatch traffic now indicates two parachutes were seen coming from the aircraft. Military officials have picked up the individuals who ejected from the aircraft.'

did someone jump from the c-130 as well?

I read two jumped from the fuel bird and the pilot and co pilot Rode it in until the engines failed. Looked like the F35 hit a engine or two.

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
6765 was in Uk just over a fortnight ago as it came in beginning of the month supporting the VMFA-211 Wake Island Avengers deployment and flew into Marham. next thing it went tech on departure and ended up at Mildenhall for over a week. I saw it on the deck on the 12th and it departed the 15th.

So my photos below ..12th and 15th

cheers

View attachment 508701View attachment 508702

Do you work for us or them and what colour is your anorak

Do you work for us or them and what colour is your anorak

lol

actually leather thanks (courtesy of Aviation Leathercraft)

12EA5251-8D7F-4EB8-9A87-CC9457A34CAD.jpeg

I work for me thanka, occasionally go up and network up there ..can’t take photos inside the ‘Hall unless on an official visit a year back

B35D1751-5E78-4E45-9F0C-9D2879695FBB.jpeg
9D8E949A-4BBC-4FAD-B243-1B5FBA81B08A.jpeg

cheers

Latest Threads