Using the mess webley

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Steven, Jan 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probably too small a pistol. Some yank state politician being investigated for corruption topped himself at a news conference. Difference was he used a BFO Dirty Harry magnum jobbie.
  2. Apparently, filling your mouth with water, and putting the gun into your mouth is pretty effective, the hydro static shock wave will take brains and skull and redecorate the wall behind you.

The classic gun to temple is not guarenteed to suceed, there is a good chance of merely blinding yourself, as happened to one of the conspirators in the 1944 plot to kill Hitler. Iy also makes it harder to find the gun for a second go.
  3. How on earth do you come by such information? I can't decide if I should be impressed or worried for you.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. A simple case of what is known in technical circles as 'Bonehead syndrome'. All Polaks have it. Next time he should try an electric kitchen knife..Moulinex is a good brand.
  5. Maybe he will hang himself next time.
  6. If you're going to shoot yourself, you really want to make fucking sure that you do a good job. Use something decently sized for a start... shotgun maybe.

Not that I want to give people too many ideas, but if you switched the rifle to auto, put the safety to fire, held the working parts to the rear and taped the trigger down, would it empty the magazine on letting the parts forwards or would the safety sear stop it?
  7. As my wife just said when she watched the video. "Go on Cameron. Top that"!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. A certain R SIGS SNCO can verify the effects of that. However, on the plus side he now holds world records for completing "blind" sporting events.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Wouldn't the water come out when you opened your mouth to put the barrel in?
  10. Water pistol?
  11. I have just watched the video, I have to say it made me laugh- hearing the gun being cocked then fired was like something from a comedy sketch. I was waiting for an 'Awwwwwwwwwwwwwch'.
  12. With his luck the rope would break.
  13. I've wondered about that too, I guess, that like comedy, timing is everything.
  14. I guess it would be best if you just tilted your head right back after drinking the water, to counter-effect the gravity. Or kept your mouth shut before opening fire.

Or maybe there's a market for a sort of combined weapon that fires about 200 ml of water into your gob and then gives you the 9mm good news before you swallow anything.

Though personally I'd choose a decent claret instead, or maybe Port. Would make the redecoration all the more spectacular.