Using insider information?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Oct 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you had info from the horses mouth about who was going to win an upcoming television "celeb" type programme - how could you profit from it?

2. Share it on here and bask in the glow of the adulation from your fellow Arrsers

3. Most of these `Celeb` type efforts have space on many bookmakers sites. Depending on the strength of your info, lump on!

4. I'd spend the cash on a massive course of testosterone injections so I could stop being such an unbelievable fanny and no longer care about 'celebs' in any way shape or form.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Oh I get that,but would scoring a couple of hundred quid not interest you?

6. go down the bookies put loads of money down & reap the rewards when you win.
    oh and dont forget i advised you to put a bet on when you get the money.

always nice to beat the bookies!

7. Aye Fitty,but I cannot just wander into BetFred and place a bet can I ?,the pre-programme advertising isn't even airing yet!

8. Go to The Sun.

9. Wait Until it does then do it? Am I missing something as the correct response seems obvious?

Or your aware that you putting the bet on may be a risk due to how you got the info and your sniffing about on here for a trustworthy partner who lives elsewhere, will do it for you for a percentage of the win, that about right?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Answer B !

11. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Or put lots of little bets, at different bookmakers, inline and in person, spread over a longer period so as to not raise too much suspicion.

Only spend what you're prepared to loose should the insider info be pants

Job jobbed

Edited for iPhone autocorrect crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thats the end of this thread then, as realistically for you to reap the benefits you will actually have to find about ten or so blokes to do this for you to make a decent wedge as one large bet immediately will raise just as much suspicion and you need these blokes to stagger their bets for the same reason (the odds will drop hence the need for a few people)

So you need a handle of people who you can trust not to spill the info themselves and cut you in?

You can't even find serving soldiers on here let alone trustworthy folk.

13. Thats the end of this thread then, as realistically for you to reap the benefits you will actually have to find about ten or so blokes to do this for you to make a decent wedge as one large bet immediately will raise just as much suspicion and you need these blokes to stagger their bets for the same reason (the odds will drop hence the need for a few people)

So you need a handle of people who you can trust not to spill the info themselves and cut you in?

You can't even find serving soldiers on here let alone trustworthy folk.

14. It's a buggeration alright.

15. I would place a large bet on the first day the odds come out e.g 15/1, the as it nears the end of the series "lay bets" at the lower odds e,g 3/1. lay the same amount as you first placed. The result will be you will have a win/win bet.

Oddschecker | Football Betting Odds, Free Bets, Tips and Coupons

and betfair are key to place the bets and also act as the bookmaker.