Using GURPS RPG rules

Ever tried the Starwars Rpg? Can't remember the rule system but little dice rolling. You basically story tell what you're doing as the player and the GM nods it through it adjusts it. Makes for a really smooth flowing experience but relies on RP savvy players.
I believe I played that some years back.

As you say, you need the right players for more story-telling games. I like the rules to lay quietly in the background, but I do want a solid underlying framework on which to base critical decisions. That said, I am quite happy to allow plans to ultimately succeed despite the dice if they amuse or impress me.

kimmi851

War Hero
Ever tried the Starwars Rpg? Can't remember the rule system but little dice rolling. You basically story tell what you're doing as the player and the GM nods it through it adjusts it. Makes for a really smooth flowing experience but relies on RP savvy players.

My friend is running a Starwars campaign at the moment - its set long before the films, giving more scope for characters to just use the universe without the standard set of goodies and baddies. He finds it fun to GM and apparently its very talk heavy, rolling light (then again one of his favourites is Tales from the Loop which is a zero combat system - because you are playing teenage kids).

kimmi851

War Hero
As an incidental to the original question my friend uses Cortex to write his ad hoc adventures - it worked fantastically when he created a My Hero Academia game, I am not a fan of anime but it was a simple system, very much about the role play with not too much rolling (and you decided what you were rolling against), and had a great time with it for several sessions.