using army vehicles for public events - possible?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by odyssey88, Mar 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right,

I've been asked by the organiser of the welsh downhill mountain bike series about this.

They are currently not able to run downhill race's easily, due to H&S going mental, and not allowing the use of farm trailers to tow riders and bikes to the top of the hills. They have to use road legal vehicles, with seats...

Now, we have the perfect vehicles to do this, 4 tonners with the seats for riders themselfs, and the ones without for the bikes.

He has mentioned he'd be willing to pay good money, but surly cutting a deal saying the army could maybay setup a stand themselves...

So, who should the organiser contact about this? And as i said, this is a welsh series if that makes any difference.

2. msr

msr LE

3. I doubt you would be able to use 4 tonners due to the fact the seating isn't quite legal unless you have the new stuff and I'm not sure MOD insurance would cover some thing like that.

4. As Strima stated, its a simple case of civilians in mil vehicles. The nearest you will get it is dependants etc on Hospital visits etc. Its all there in JSP800. Im afraid with no service involvement in the event its a no-no.

5. Oh, The horror, forcing those poor kids to ride around in those little ferrety things enjoying themselves - Show me the report on the deaths and casualties immediately so I can make a full report to my local child welfare office. :evil:

6. Children enjoying themselves , THE HORROR