Useless Foods

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Aug 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Attended a friend's backyard get-together.. the usual.. meat flaming on a grill, variety of salad, beer and blather..

then had to stop as I looked at my plate.. Corn on the Cob..other than being a vehicle for sucking back melted butter and salt, what good is it? I mean, you eat it and then when you take a sh*t..there it is.. still yellow, still whole, undigested, not one ounce of nutitive value has been taken out.. it just goes right through you fact, I swear, even if you thought you chewed the little kernels completely, they reconstitute themselves in your colon.. useless..

then there's the burger this case ' deli' style.. puffy and sprinkled with poppy seeds.. WTF??

I mean, you take out the package and better than half the little black suckers, like ants, are sitting in the bottom of the bag.. every time you handle the bun, more fall off, they drop like flies when you try and toast the bread.. and for what? No discernible taste.. and they get stuck in dental work, caught between teeth and is there any nutrient value? Who came up with this? Some guy smoking opium had leftover bits and during a drug high thought tossing the unused poppy bits on food would do something?

Gourmet?? dumb, more like it..
    and don't get me started on ' calimari' ,disguised as onion rings.. if I wanted to chew an eraser I'd eat my pencil top..

send this to the arrsehole if you want, I'm going back for more beer.
  2. Yep. One place for this, undigested sweetcorn kernals and all..............
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Anything in a horror bag (except for the choccy and the apple).
  4. Parmesan. Would you grate a tramps foot over your spag bol? 'Nuff said.
  5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Pot Noodles. Dehydrated String in powdered puke.
  6. Mild cheese.
    No taste.
  7. Bagels,nowt but a posh cob with a hole in it,waste of money
  8. 1. Kebabs.....(when sober)
    2. Posh Nosh.....(when drunk)
    3. Liver
    4. Kidney
    5. Sweetbreads
    6. Oysters
  9. 'American' cheese - why?
    Turkey ham - how, what, why?
    Herring roe.
    Anything from McDonalds.
  10. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Those are the British variety and are dire, the Korean one's on the other hand are frigging awesome!! The whole dried chili's do tend to bring a tear to the eye though...
  11. Ryvita or any other diet food.

Why, oh why does 'diet' or 'healthy' food always taste so..... bland?

[wanders off chewing on a raw carrot admiring new slimline waist....]
  12. Schaden , so true.

Prawn crackers.

Most of of the tiny things in shells Asians eat , I could be sitting on tonnes of the crap and starve to death try to open them.
  13. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

that would be because for the last 50,000 years or so we've been programmed to accept that foods high in fat and protein tasted "good" due to their scarcity and necessity for sustaining life....especially during those northern winters.

Now of course they're everywhere and our inner cave man is a bit overwhelmed by it all.
  14. Chicken head and foot soup.
  15. looney wrote:Chicken head and foot soup.

A Vietnamese dish from hell , I was feeling a bit ruff and decided some chicken soup was in order , I thought the wing was fcuking hard and noticed an eye and beak.
    I make my girlfriend eat the feet on the balcony ,the crunching does my head in.