Useful Piece of Kit?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Green_Garfield, Sep 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After looking through the Assualt vest thread I found a link to this item:

and wondered if anyone though it would be useful on ops because its looks a bit impractical to me.
    your thoughts please.

BTW I'm not thinking of getting one, if you though thats why i was asking. :roll:
  2. I'd buy one for the LSW's oppo. Do we still use LSW pairs or is it back to belt fed now?
  3. Why buy a man bag? Just do what the recently departed GSM (PARA) had slung over his shoulder everyday. he had an old 51mm mortar bag! Havent a clue what he kept in there, but i am sure someone from his unit will be able to tell us?
  4. Wouldn't it move about a lot when you run?
  5. Certain units have been using Claymore bags for years in the same way. I can see a use for them when it comes to carrying extra mags, smoke and bandoliered ammo etc.
  6. Not ideal for patrol but very much favoured by those bobbing in and out of vehicles or stuck in a sangar.
  7. Ah Good point never thought of that
  8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Speaking personally I always used to stuff that sort of stuff down the front of my smock. Of course I recognise that 'hot sandy places' and 'smock' don't go well together.
  9. Don't go holding your breath but I gather that there's an issue version due into your local branch of Q&Ms pretty soon (probably be for band camp only though).
  10. Gleaming as a vehicle commanders grab bag
  11. Similar items made by Troopers of Colchester were used by guys with 16AA as grab bags for vehicle crews etc.
    Have a look at the Troopers thread!
  12. But why call it a "man bag" sounds very errm camp!
  13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

the 70's are back...