Useful NSNs

By acquire do you mean steal, nick, purloin, pinch, rob, or obtain by means of bribery and/or theft?

Not at all, I just mean to ”accidentally on purpose, borrow” them for an extended duration.

Be aware, some Isos still require regular inspections by 'competent' persons even when just sat gathering dust.
There is an AESP that deal with it all available on TDOL. Will have a looky if I can stay awake looking for it.
To be fair this one is going to be turned into something else so that wouldn't be needed! Lmao

CC_TA

LE
To be fair this one is going to be turned into something else so that wouldn't be needed! Lmao
Said booklet contains instructions on how the item on loan, that will eventually be returned (Easiest way to get one) can be sentenced BLR (Beyond Local Repair) and be 'disposed of' locally. ;-)

CC_TA

LE
Hello oh great stores gods!

My unit is looking at acquiring a 20ft ISO container through the system. Is there an NSN or similar to get one permenantly issued as it would be modified?

Cheers
POLICY AND PROCEDUREFOR THE TESTING, EXAMINATION AND CERTIFICATION OFCB AND ISO CONTAINERS
2510-A-050-532
111 and 601s also available on TDOL

CASTING AND DAMAGE REPORTING PROCEDURE
The procedure for implementing the vehicle and technical equipment casting policy for containers is detailed in AESP 0200-A-062-013 under ‘Z’ Type assets.

AESP's! I'm still an old fashioned pre-NSN, EMER and ISPL man... was a shyt system..... notice I'm not been specific.

Last edited:

PLC1966A

Swinger
Not at all, I just mean to ”accidentally on purpose, borrow” them for an extended duration.
Apparently at one point, in a Middle Eastern Country, you couldn't get decent knives through the system, you could buy Leathermans at a PX on Local Purchase Order, if you accidently broke the blade, you could get another via Local Purchase Order from the PX while taking back the first one with the broken blade to be exchanged under Guarantee......apparently.

Stores Gods? I've pooed them.

Ask a Scaley, and he provides:

20 Ft Iso Container​

NSN: 2590-01-555-5016 | Model: 2001983
NSN not recognised on MJDI.

The NSNs below, however:;)
8150 99 2199132
8150 99 4772938
8150 99 2161141
8150 99 8582331
8150 99 8416059
8150 99 6683007
8150 99 9048599

There are a few more NSNs, but those are for open top, refridgerated, etc.

CC_TA

LE
NSN not recognised on MJDI.

The NSNs below, however:;)
8150 99 2199132
8150 99 4772938
8150 99 2161141
8150 99 8582331
8150 99 8416059
8150 99 6683007
8150 99 9048599

There are a few more NSNs, but those are for open top, refridgerated, etc.
1646753089798.png

Yank Nat ID so most likely have a UK equivalent on MJDI.

...no chance it is listed as 'Iso Container 20ft' though.

CC_TA

LE
Just a quick one, has anyone got an NSN for 9mm Drill Rounds.

Specifically the orange plastic Skip Round if possible.

Ta in advance.
What is a 'Plastic Skip' round?

ETA: I've just Googled them and I'm pretty sure they aren't codified.

You can get Inspection & Drill rounds through the system - other than that I'm not sure why you'd want cheap crappy looking civvy junk.

9mm Inspection Round.jpg

9mm Drill Round.jpg

They're required for Skip shooting, on external ranges they help with location once tap and rack has thrown them all over the shop. As well as negating the safety issues of a two piece drill round separating and a Live going in after it.

Do you know of the two listed, are they both solid 'one piece' rounds, or two pieces?

CC_TA

LE
They're required for Skip shooting, on external ranges they help with location once tap and rack has thrown them all over the shop. As well as negating the safety issues of a two piece drill round separating and a Live going in after it.

Do you know of the two listed, are they both solid 'one piece' rounds, or two pieces?

I still have no idea what skip shooting is.

Inspection.jpg

Inspection round is a single piece construction.
Drill.jpg

The drill round bullet is an interference fit within the envelope and also is Loctited in with 270.

CC_TA

LE
Morning NSN peeps.

Anyone got an NSN for teak oil?
Bit of a random one but some of us are still working on wood and are about a century from the rest of the world

CC_TA

LE
Would that also work on the 5.56mm drill round, the loctite that is, I’ve a stack that have come apart?
Get them exchanged if you can but if not a spot of loctite is always a good fix. (Different grades for different strengths and different gaps.)
Make sure the bullets are set to the right depth/height and the loctite is fully cured before you use the rounds.

...saying that, watching someone trying to remove a round that's been wedged and glooped into chamber is a good way to pass a few hours. :)

Boxy

GCM
Get them exchanged if you can but if not a spot of loctite is always a good fix. (Different grades for different strengths and different gaps.)
Make sure the bullets are set to the right depth/height and the loctite is fully cured before you use the rounds.

...saying that, watching someone trying to remove a round that's been wedged and glooped into chamber is a good way to pass a few hours. :)
Tried exchanging them but G4 is not sure if they 1043 or whatever it is nowadays, do you have the NSN so I can just demand replacement ones?

CC_TA

LE
Tried exchanging them but G4 is not sure if they 1043 or whatever it is nowadays, do you have the NSN so I can just demand replacement ones?
They normally go on an AinU so will probably need a 1043. You should be able to lob the NSN into MJDI and at least get P, L or C class out of the lizards, have you spoke with your armourers/LAD, they should usually be able help you out.

Check the DofQ on these - sometimes you order one and get a clip of 10, a box of 30 or and individual round :)
556 insp.jpg
556 drill.jpg

Boxy

GCM
They normally go on an AinU so will probably need a 1043. You should be able to lob the NSN into MJDI and at least get P, L or C class out of the lizards, have you spoke with your armourers/LAD, they should usually be able help you out.

Check the DofQ on these - sometimes you order one and get a clip of 10, a box of 30 or and individual round :)
View attachment 666971View attachment 666972
I’m now an SSI for a CCF and the Cadet Training Team don’t have an armourer/LAD, which is where the issue no doubt lies, yeah they’re on my AinU, all 110 for 34 rifles, weird scales but no surprise.

I’m going to assume the L14 is the one piece one

I’ll use these and fire in a 2251 to cover the U/S ones, thanks

TamH70

MIA
Morning NSN peeps.

Anyone got an NSN for teak oil?
Bit of a random one but some of us are still working on wood and are about a century from the rest of the world

If you know any Canucks, this might be of help - it's a page relating to their National Stock Number for teak Oil:

You might be able to arrange a swap of some of their oil for some of our good whisky.