Useful Gym Equipment

A thread to talk about bits of kit/clothing that you've got recently which have improved your gym/fiz routines.

I've recently bought some headbands to stop sweat getting in my face. I also attribute sweat to ruining my Bluetooth earphones. The pH of my sweat must be too potent for earphones. I recognise that these headbands make me look like a predatory groomer but the amount of sweat that they collect show that they're working.

They feel a bit cheap though, anyone know any decent headband makers?

Ok. This thread is really about headbands.

clanky

War Hero
Not headband related.

I've been using the 5x5 stronglifts app. Its a great way to follow a simple lifting routine and record the results.

StrongLifts 5x5: The Simplest, Most Effective Workout Program
StrongLifts 5×5 is the simplest, most effective workout to build muscle, gain strength and get ripped. Thousands of people worldwide have used it to change their bodies and lives. It’s the most popular strength and muscle building program on the internet because it’s simple and works.

On StrongLifts 5×5 you workout three times a week. Each workout you do three barbell exercises for sets of five reps. The five exercises you’ll do on StrongLifts 5×5 are the Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift, Overhead Press and Barbell Row. Together they work your whole body.

The goal on StrongLifts 5×5 is to increase the weight. You start light, lift with proper form, and add 2,5kg/5lb each workout. This progressive increase in weight triggers your body to get stronger and build muscle. It’s the simplest and most effective way to get results.

This is the definitive guide to the StrongLifts 5×5 workout program.

A thread to talk about bits of kit/clothing that you've got recently which have improved your gym/fiz routines.

I've recently bought some headbands to stop sweat getting in my face. I also attribute sweat to ruining my Bluetooth earphones. The pH of my sweat must be too potent for earphones. I recognise that these headbands make me look like a predatory groomer but the amount of sweat that they collect show that they're working.

Sounds like you have sweaty ankles you can remedy this by asking your boyfriend to stop pushing them behind your ears.

A prison bed frame.

You lie underneath and your cellmate sits on top, you bench press the lot, the further up the bed he sits the heavier the weight.

IMG_6649.PNG

Like this?

Bro, I gotta agree with you. The Stronglifts 5x5 programme is such an epic workout plan. I've just completed the plan and I have to say, the gains in strength and size have been monumental!

Not only have I set PB's on the following exercises: bench press, squat, deadlift and military press... but I've gotten in the best shape of my life and I can actually see my abs.

I'm gonna cycle with Stronglifts every now and then during my off season because it's such an awesome routine.

Reported.

Bro.

Dark_Nit

LE
Book Reviewer
Bro, I gotta agree with you. The Stronglifts 5x5 programme is such an epic workout plan. I've just completed the plan and I have to say, the gains in strength and size have been monumental!

Not only have I set PB's on the following exercises: bench press, squat, deadlift and military press... but I've gotten in the best shape of my life and I can actually see my abs.

I'm gonna cycle with Stronglifts every now and then during my off season because it's such an awesome routine.
W4nker