Useful DVD for those wanting to join the SBS

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Good CO, Jan 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

2. If you provide proof of purchase, are you exempted from any of the more time-consuming aspects of the selection process? It could save £££s on the training budget.

If you're unfortunate to fail selection, at least you'd be able to fall back on becoming a Fan Dancer (same with the SAS, it seems).

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Lucklily you don't have to worry about failing - you'll pass first time according to that page. What a relief eh?

4. Where the bit about having to join the regular armed fores first? Oops!

5. Oh, so THAT'S what I did wrong. If only this DVD had been available back then, I'd be slotting Terry in Afghanistan right now! :roll:

6. And heres me thinking this was a thread about The Cockleshell Heroes.

Should i buy this dvd and tell you what its like, could be funny?

7. For a real glimpse in to the shadowy world of the SBS, one could do worse than read Deep Boat. Much better gen on slotting and stuff.

8. The three top tips appear to be: 1. Don't get lost. 2. Wear a hat. 3. Concentrate really, really hard on passing. Looks good to me.

9. It gets better and better, why you can even buy a dvd on joining the Army, remind me don't we give these away free?

How to Join the Army.

10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Well thank god there's a DVD that passes on such information I say!.

11. Well i wanted to see what all the fuss was about so i bought the HOW TO BECOME SAS!!!!! See you remfs on selection hahaha nothing can stop me now.

God i feel like a walt :(

12. Seems company co-run by an ex-firefighter and they recruit people to write 'How2become' material - and you can get 45% commission on sales. makes you wonder what else you could create.....

13. WALT HEAVEN ... by the way does the DVD require you to run around in a drysuit & full kit on the mudflats around Poole Harbour?

14. Wow, the fitness workout was a copy of the Vo2 MAX test (bleep test) and the dvd is just loads of useless information on how and when 'THE REGIMENT' was formed, what it does, what you can expect on selection and continuation trg. I feel used.