Useful APPS.

Did a search and not found.

We must all have “ the “ app we think is great.

I was listening to BBC radio 4 toninght for the In Touch a programme for blind people as I help out at a blind persons home. Love moving their coffee tables about.

Talking about an app for blind ? And short sighted folk called Seeing AI. Sounded good so downloaded it.

Scary ain’t the word for this free app.

Fantastic, it can read what is on a label. Managed my “ Glenmorangie 10 year old single highland malt “ no problem.

Tell you what an item is by the bar code , worked on a UK can of coffee so thought , try this , can of Italian shaving cream, aced it.

Take a picture of a something say a room and it tells you what’s in the room. Kitchen with sink and microwave 100 %.

As you do, I tried one of my cock hanging out , said it looks like a man in a suit with a pink tie :).

Facial recognition . Take a few pictures and it can identify the person and you can add the name as well. It’s also supposed to guess their age.Just tried it on Granny O_B. It said “ a woman’s who is 89 years old with white hair wearing glasses and with a neutral expression on her face. She is 85 and the rest is 100%.

And it free.

Any more?.

Last edited:

RFbloke

Old-Salt

I was listening to BBC radio 4 toninght for the In Touch a programme for blind people as I help out at a blind persons home. Love moving their coffee tables about.

Talking about an app for blind ? And short sighted folk called Seeing AI. Sounded good so downloaded it.

Fantastic, it can read what is on a label. Managed my “ Glenmorangie 10 year old single highland malt “ no problem.

Tell you what an item is by the bar code , worked on a UK can of coffee so thought , try this , can of Italian shaving cream, aced it.

Take a picture of a something say a room and it tells you what’s in the room. Kitchen with sink and microwave 100 %.

As you do, I tried one of my cock hanging out , said it looks like a man in a suit with a pink tie :).

Facial recognition . Take a few pictures and it can identify the person and you can add the name as well. It’s also supposed to guess their age.Just tried it on Granny O_B. It said “ a woman’s who is 89 years old with white hair wearing glasses and with a neutral expression on her face. She is 85 and the rest is 100%.

And it free.

Any more?.
Most of those types of app do their work somewhere in cyberspace.....so the picture of your John Thomas is now 'out there' - Excellent!

@old_bloke
TuneIn radio - thousands of radio stations.

Google calendar- links with Gmail & my Girlfriends calendar too.

Citymapper - transport links if you work in a city.

Google maps - transport for everywhere else (also links to Gmail & Calendar).

Finally: Quidco. It is a cashback app that you use whenever you shop online. Has most major stores on; once you’ve got an account if you’re going to shop online search for the store/site in the app, use the link to go to the website and shop as normal.

You’ll then get the cashback (up to 20%) paid in 6 weeks to a couple of months time; you can then withdraw it to your bank account.

I’ve had about £150 in 6 months, my GF gets about £400/year back. It covers just about anything you can buy online - I’ve done my car insurance (via compare the market), phone (three), bits for the car (Halfords), ebay, John Lewis, Argos etc etc

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer

And it free.

Any more?.
Does it include special offers on dope? Just asking for a friend, like.:-D:-D:-D

MsG

Vipon (formerly known as amazon review)
Vipon - Save Money, Vouchers on the App Store
This was better before amazon changed its rules
It’s discount vouchers for reviews.
Previously discounts / freebies could be provided in exchange for reviews as long as you stated it was free or at a discount for the review
Now it’s not necessary to declare the item was free or discounted, but it’s not permitted to track reviews or to give the discount in exchange for a review
Under the old rules popular & well written review ms increased the chances of good discounts and free stuff - and they would come from sellers who were confident in the item using it as a form of advertising
Now it’s mostly just discounts, and often overpriced items to allow for the discount, but there are the occasional good offers

Microsoft OneDrive Microsoft OneDrive on the App Store
(And Word,excel etc)
All for free just from setting up a Microsoft account (you can of course pay for more space etc)

Daily App Advice (Formerly top APPS GONE FREE) Daily App Advice (Formerly top APPS GONE FREE) on the App Store
Information on free offers for apps
Try them for free and keep them or delete them

Does it include special offers on dope? Just asking for a friend, like.:-D:-D:-D

MsG
See if Weedr works for you, developed in France, has spread to some other countries.

OCR App is a good one - uses your camera phone to take an image of a page (e.g. Newspaper article, photocopy, document etc.) and turns it in to text for you to edit.

For taking notes on the go, both for work and life generally, I use Evernote on my phone and computer. It syncs meaning I can have all manner of lists, project plans etc. and no longer need a notepad.

Google Docs are also very useful. None of the functionality of MS Office, but it is totally free and has great on the go benefits.

Troy

LE
I just saw a video on facebook about an App that can measure rooms and make a plan for you. I thought that's a blinking good idea, about time something more useful than games came along. So I did a quick search and found this page: 13 Best floor plan apps for Android & iOS which reviews a few similar ones. Definitely worth taking a butcher's hook.

Harry Lime

Swinger
D
I just saw a video on facebook about an App that can measure rooms and make a plan for you. I thought that's a blinking good idea, about time something more useful than games came along. So I did a quick search and found this page: 13 Best floor plan apps for Android & iOS which reviews a few similar ones. Definitely worth taking a butcher's hook.
Please don't tell me that Victoria (honours limiting wife) Beckham or Katie (Ive got 10 'A' levels) Price is involved??

Please.... Noooooooo!! :roll:

Latest Threads