used Space Shuttle - one (fairly) careful owner...

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by maguire, Jan 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'NASA has knocked down the price of a used space shuttle to an affordable $28.8m - a considerable saving on the $42m it originally wanted for Atlantis, Discovery and Endeavour.'

anyone fancy making an offer?
  2. I can see it now...........ARRSE painted on the side, with MDN and Flashy arguing over who's going to be the commander.
  3. Just heard Airfix have made an offer for Columbia.
  4. Does that include delivery?
  5. im surprised they aint all going in museums
  6. cool - Ill throw in a fiver towards one, anyone else?
  7. Got a Shuttle and a Saturn V rocket sat on my desk :)

8. And it cost me about a fiver from the Gift Shop in the Houston Galleria :)
  9. Two, sod it. I'll take five!....No seven, one for each day of the week! Will someone sponsor me for fuel?
  10. Reading the article it seems that the $29m IS the cost of delivery! The shuttle is free... provided you are a US based body. Surely someone here is experienced at moving heavy loads.. It could be displayed in a desolate carpark somewhere, next to a derelict Concord and a smashed up Vulcan
  11. Maybe some of these guys are also for hire?

Where's the replacement?
  12. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

well, obama's cancelled the Constellation it seems - at the minute, the replacement is looking like this - CST-100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'The CST-100 crew capsule is a spacecraft design proposed by Boeing in collaboration with Bigelow Aerospace as their entry for NASA's Commercial Crew Development (CCDev) program. Its primary mission would be to transport crew to the International Space Station,[1] and to private space stations such as the proposed Commercial Space Station from Bigelow Aerospace.'