USE OF TELEPHONE BLOCKERS IN UK JAILS

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by The-Goose, Mar 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why can't Mobile Phone signal blockers by installed in every Prison, thus preventing the use of any mobile phone in the area?

2. I know fk all about them. But wouldnt that affect people living by them??

3. Probably against the prisoners human rights.....................

4. I give in, why can't they?

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

They apparently interfere with emergency vehicle signals too/Radio's (the Israeli one especially - the ones you can buy over the interwebz) and therefore would interfer with comms. Heard a story that they can have decent range so can inadvertently jam signals outside of the premises.

6. From memory when I asked the same question to one of the Prison Officers on my Sqn, jamming was trialled in some prisons and found that: they interfere with official comms, can be avoided, don't cover all the available bands, annoy the neighbours, give people headaches (?) and are really fcuking expensive.

They're using detector chairs and wands now.

I suggested that they just watch the post and pull up any prisoner who gets a bill from Vodaphone...

7. I brought a handheld one off the internet and use it on train journeys to keep my carriage nice and quiet. Excellent sport too!!

8. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

How much and how long do the batteries last?

9. Could we not just cut the heads off prisoners? ....or at least the ears! Be fukkin' funny watching people trying to keep their glasses on eh! :twisted:

10. Excellent suggestion!

11. Link?

really pissed me of on train some cock going on to someone about how he didnt cheat. for 30 mins

12. http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/Personal.htm

13. Expensive. for 30 mins quiet just smash the fkers phone up.

14. Unfortunately...

15. That one would be no good, UTMS (3G to you and I) works between 1800MHz to 2.2GHz. It would only be effective in areas that aren't 3G yet or to phones that have switched it off.