Use of Medals in Halo3 Promotional Website

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by CutLunchCommando, Oct 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A bit of TV inspired surfing brought me to the website. They have a thing there called the John-117 memorial which includes an image of what appears to be a British veteran complete with medals. I believe I can identify the following:

The 1939-1945 Star
    The France & Germany Star
    The Defence Medal
    The War Medal & MID Oakleaf

They are listed in order left to right as you look at them. Is this creditable?

The chap wearing them looks like a veteran so I suppose it's possible they are actually his. Perhaps its a stock photo or he does a bit of work as an extra. I notice that this is the only image of medals in the memorial there are no American medals despite the fact that the market for the game must be largely American.

I have to say I find the "Memorial" a bit creepy, its a work of fiction to aid in selling a video game but it takes itself very seriously so to speak and I cant help feeling that its pushing the envelope a bit in terms of taste. Technically its very impressive though.
  2. The wearing sequence you describe fits MoD direction, inc. the MiD.

3. Where about in the vid is he?
  4. He's the "first person account" by the tank.