Use a reservist

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Pitster, Nov 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In another thread PartTimePongo wrote:

"Maybe we also need a "Use a reservist" scheme, whereby qualified self-employed reservists are contracted by companies, in return for subsidoes etc. I can see it in my minds eye, but as I'm in rather a lot of pain at the moment from a pre-deployment tooth pull (Which I had to pay for , no Army Med cover) I'm not making a lot of sense.

If someone can see what I'm banging on about, could they enlarge please?"

Now this really is a great idea. When I joined the TA one of the benefits was that I became mates with plumbers and electricians and so on. I'm sure a lot of you boys and girls still know such useful people but I don't, and if I'm not alone this could work!

Could you self-employed useful-persons advertise somewhere on Arrse, just your username, trade and location, and any of us who need a job doing could look you up? I for one wish I knew a VM in Birmingham as my car will need some work soon...

I know the danger is that Mrs Pitster will come home and find me having a brew with the plumber who hasn't got round to doing the work yet, but at least she knows the meaning of NATO tea.