usb wireless keyboard with mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by cantbearsed2, Jan 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. all help gratefully recieved,the above came with my one year old hp pavilon shuttle desktop. up untill 2 days ago both where working fine,now only the mouse works yesterday the mouse didnt but the keyboard did.
    i am reduced at the momment to typing with the on-screen keyboard.
    cheers in advance.

2. If its wireless have you checked the batteries?

3. is that a serious question should i even answer,obviously ive changed them both in the mouse and keyboard,i even bought a new mouse today got home tested it with the old board only the mouse worked. tried the old mouse and it works but now the keyboard doesnt.

4. Have you re-synced it since changing the batteries

5. you will find that there is so much unlicensed wireless nonsense flying around these days there is a good chance your wireless devices are just shagged.

however check your ports on the pc/laptop make sure they are still working the way they should be, sometimes it is these, but i have a feeling your devices are just shagged

6. i think i,ll have to get another keyboard,its a bit crap astheyboth are only a year or so old and ame with the computer package,cheers anyway guys.

7. I agree with Sweatysock. My computer illiterate mother has one of these and had me over a couple of weeks ago because it wouldn't work. It took five minutes and all I did was stick in a new set of Duracells and then look at the bottom of the controller/base unit thing and follw the setup instructions (more like heiroglyphics) exactly. It worked fine after that.

8. Also if you look under the keyboard there is usually a sync button have you tried pressing this, also if you can get into the settings of the keyboard/mouse (thru control panel) try a different wireless channel - some give you this option. Failing that just get a wired keyboard, they are handy because if your computer crashes you will need a wired keyboard to get into the BIOS and make changes, wireless gear isnt picked up until windows starts.

Speak to your IT guy at work or if in the forces nick one from the various spares dotted around, its always handy to have a wired keyboard.

9. I had a wireless mouse/keyboard. It was forever freezing, in the end I went back to a wired pair, problem solved.