• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Usama bin Ladin staement

Ah yes, but is he encouraging dissent by making you think that he knew that Bush knew that he... no, wait... that he thinks that Osama knew that... erm... that we know that Bush knew that Iraq didn't know... er..

On the basis of 'knowing your enemy' I'd be interested in the full transcript (in english! or swahili...). Is it a raving rant that the bbc and aljazeerah have paraphrased? Or is it a carefully thought-out piece designed to promote sympathy from the 'undecided' in the Big Bad World?

Who cares what he means

There he is large as life and twice as ugly.

And looking damn healthy too , for a man that was at death's door.

Curious timing for this message though.

I see we're on the same page NWD

And the contrast between Bush and Kerry's reaction was stark. Kerry sounded like the President.

I've been watching the video on a satellite Arab channel, and something is bugging me - Lots.

I can't put my finger on it just yet.

PartTimePongo said:
I see we're on the same page NWD

And the contrast between Bush and Kerry's reaction was stark. Kerry sounded like the President.

I've been watching the video on a satellite Arab channel, and something is bugging me - Lots.

I can't put my finger on it just yet.

Kerry sounded like the President? Very funny. :lol:

So this Bin Laden statement may be just an opportunity for Kerry to try to sound "Presidential"?

I heard on the NEWS that the recording is believed to be Bin Laden. Not a fake.

AubreyGerrard said:
We'll see if your love-fest for OBL continues if/when he strikes the UK....
So says a Yank, we all remember thier love fest for the 'good old boyos in the Provos!'

Now the terrorist shoe is on the other foot listen to them scream like they are being buggered by a big hairy arsed ape!!

Maybe, just maybe, the saying what goes around comes around it true!!! If you septics and New York in particular hadnt supported the IRA and all its 'freedom' bombing of women and children and innocents in Northern Ireland and the UK - Baltic Exchange, Canery Wharf, Wood Green etc then there would be a little more sympathy for the US now that you lot are getting to know what it is like.

I had a few mates die in the Twin Towers and it was a despicable act of a coward to concieve and achieve, but if you think that disbeliving a lieing two faced chimpanze like GWB is a love fest for OBL then you matey have been 'lieing on your bed, smokin dope and bad mouthing the country' (from Full Metal Jacket) a bit too much and need to get out into the 'real' world, and I dont mean Butt **** Ilanois, or where ever it is that you come from. Travel to the big wide world, and without the US Army/USAF/USMC to shield you from life and see what the REST of the world thinks of your president!

Dont bitch at us for our honest opinion.

Mr Happy

LE
AubreyGerrard said:
We'll see if your love-fest for OBL continues if/when he strikes the UK....
to concur with CH2, we've had terrorism in its current form and its '000s of deaths for over a century. It's a consequence of running the world, trust us we know. Now that US industry controls the politicians the US wants to run the world and now terrorists are popping up all over the place.

If you think for a second these guys were born terrorists then you're being very stupid. It is something you (the US) are doing, whether its giving weapons to Israelis to kill Palestinians, sanctions in Iraq (I know I know the arguments), or trying to sell coca cola to the entire world. And if you're not doing it, it seems like you are.

Terrorism is the natural extension of politics for people that don't have an input into a political system. Its never going to be their first option, its not exactly the easy way is it! But if you take away somebodies ability to protest any other way, expect suicide bombers. Palestinians are an excellent example of this. The fact that they're travelling to Iraq to do this is an example of how much the US is blamed for this.

As for the 'great attack on the UK'. It could happen, but I'm not in the 'when' camp, we're an Island with tight controls on the sort of thing that the US has in abundence. Guns, explosives etc. They'd probably have to bring them with them really and like I said, we're an Island and you're not, and you're the great satan and we're stupid fools easily lead.

Incidentally I'd like to take this moment to congratulate Bush for the following line "we're fighting the war on terrorism abroad so we don't have to fight it at home". Something like 50 million Spaniards would like thank GWB for those well chosen words I bet - turning Madrid's commuter system into a bloodbath for the US.

Mr Happy

LE
Sadly PTP I don't think anyone in the US will care if he wins (his only real concern, or at least the only real concern of his speech writers at Fox.Inc?) and if Kerry wins nobody will care what the last president did or said, it's all change in Washington and to be remembered in the US you gotta get shot it would appear...

PartTimePongo said:
"we're fighting the war on terrorism abroad so we don't have to fight it at home"
That idiotic statement is going to come back and bite him on the arrse.

Hard
How likely do people think it is that we will be attacked in a similar way by Al Quaida by our joining in their fighting wars on terrorism abroad?

I have no idea CiG

I have no idea who would want to attack us and why.

4 years ago, I could have listed 2 or 3 individuals or organisations who might feel a bomb in London was the way forward.

Now I don't know , because nothing makes sense any more.

The only certainty , is uncertainty

Latest Threads