Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA - Odd Things Occurring?

Yes and no.

Yes they need some way to unify.

The problem with trying to use the courts is that it’s impossible to prove a negative. The burden of proof was on Trump and his legal team to prove fraud. You can’t prove you didn’t do something.

Rudy et all spectacularly failed to do that.

I think this getting close to the point.
Guiliani et al presented sworn statements (affidavits?) we are told
They were dismissed out of hand , fcuked off at the double - it appears in how quickly it happened. Impossible to do a detailed investigation in that time.

Trumps argument has always been the Establishment is taking you for a fool.

If the next Administration does not go out of its way to set up an in-depth multi- Party Group Investigation into Electoral integrity - this is just going to get worse.

If I may, because that large crowd is broadly pretty busy on social media (assuming they’ve not been booted off in a purge) and I’m not sure if you noticed but the legacy media have become a bit lazy on the finding and developing a story front and in many cases these days take an outrage on social media as being indicative of an outrage in the general population, run with that as a story and off we go. An outrage that was ‘created’ by ‘the mob’ and given legs by the media.

So it's all just something on "social media" and doesn't exist in the real world. How much time have you spent in the US since the incident and in how many states did you conduct your research?

So it's all just something on "social media" and doesn't exist in the real world. How much time have you spent in the US since the incident and in how many states did you conduct your research?
Look mate, you asked how a large group control the media and I gave you an answer. It’s based on what I see in society and is generic, the same as the comment on the mob controlling the media. Stop trying to find specifics around these incidents in generic comments on society today, social media, mob pile OND and the legacy media just going with it.

I can see why Dicky Ticker was going to chin you off to be honest.

Looking at the images of soldiers (well, humans dressed in camouflage uniforms before someone points out that they are some other branch of the US military and should not be classed as "soldiers"), I started to wonder about the potential outcomes of them being deployed around the Capitol and the fallout of those outcomes.

1. They all stand around in the cold for hours and nothing happens
2. They stand around and a "gathering of citizens" approaches them (the term "mob" appears to be difficult for some to handle..) peacefully
3. They stand around and a "gathering of citizens" aproaches them unpeacefully.

So the question will start with "will this group of military be armed with firearms and issued live ammunition?" There are what appear to be a number of firearms present in the photos, so assuming hte first part is "yes" then the question becomes whether live ammunition will be issued. A firearm is just a big metal stick without it, but who has the authority to order the issue of ammunition and under what grounds (and who interprets those grounds have been met...!)

Assuming option 1, then nothing happens and the Dems look slightly silly for having gone over the top but claim that the Republicans were scared by the might of the military, winding up an already tense Rep. population.

Assuming option 2, then the headlines will proclaim that everyone is happy that sleepy Joe is now president and the country can move forward in step singing happily...

I would suggest that option 3 is more than feasible and the worst option. Any gathering of citizens with non-peaceful thoughts has the potential to spill over into violence, in this case we have an armed force with limited or no public disorder training facing a group of people who may or may not be armed. How long before the first shot is fired even accidentally by either side? How long before a mid-order decision maker fears for his or her troops lives and orders "ready!"

And the next step is the gunfght at the OK Capitol. Peterloo sound familiar? or Bloody Sunday? any number of examples from history.

So lets say shots are exchanged, and even one person is killed on either side. What happens once the blood has been hosed away, will the Dems point at the Reps and say "it's all their fault for not accepting the election..." or will the Reps point at the Dems and say "Who's the fascists now?" Probably both, but it really will be uncivil war across the US.

endure

GCM
Congress is voting on impeachment at the moment. It's on live on C Span twitter.

Is this the actual trial or are they just deciding whether to charge him or not?

Congress is voting on impeachment at the moment. It's on live on C Span twitter.

Is this the actual trial or are they just deciding whether to charge him or not?

Trying to get the votes to go forward with the impeachment.

Voting on whether to impeach, which then starts the "trial" process, with a vote to "convict" much later on.

Congress votes to Impeach, the Senate then has a trial.

As far as I understand it.

Look mate, you asked how a large group control the media and I gave you an answer. It’s based on what I see in society and is generic, the same as the comment on the mob controlling the media. Stop trying to find specifics around these incidents in generic comments on society today, social media, mob pile OND and the legacy media just going with it.

I can see why Dicky Ticker was going to chin you off to be honest.

So you can't or won't answer the simplest straightforward questions about a statement you just made here.

I smell a rat.

Irrespective of these latest shenanigans, political debate has been in the gutter for years.

The demonisation of both BJ and Corbyn, Mays Govt, Brexit, Trumps election, his campaign, BLM etc. etc. the list goes on and on.

The polarised view of politicians and the general public is not only unnerving, it's positively divisive.

Social media is gracing a communal graffiti space with a name that suggests level headed debate, not the turd-throwing monkey cage it really is.

So you can't or won't answer the simplest straightforward questions about a statement you just made here.

I smell a rat.
I’m not sure I can make this much clearer. You are asking for specifics about something that was a generic statement based on another generic statement. If you can’t see that the media are currently being led by the nose by social media mobs and running with those stories then I’m not even sure using words with fewer syllables will help.

I don’t want to answer your specific questions because that wasn’t the argument I was making. On that basis I’m out. You win the internet big man competition. Enjoy.

I had you down as better than that though. Strange how true colours will eventually out eh?

I’m not sure I can make this much clearer. You are asking for specifics about something that was a generic statement based on another generic statement. If you can’t see that the media are currently being led by the nose by social media mobs and running with those stories then I’m not even sure using words with fewer syllables will help.

I don’t want to answer your specific questions because that wasn’t the argument I was making. On that basis I’m out. You win the internet big man competition. Enjoy.

I had you down as better than that though. Strange how true colours will eventually out eh?

you made the statement, now back it up.
Is it really that important to you to prove to everyone here you that you gob off baseless bullsh*t and lack integrity?

Prove it. Actual evidence. Because the best lawyers your 'side' had to offer have failed to do so in court about 65 times now.

It is a lie. It's a conspiracy theory from the addled NPD mind of a mentally ill man who's brain chemistry means he is incapable of admitting defeat. It's pathetic. Its cheerleaders are pathetic.

These gobshites on my tv right now like Gaetz and Jordan know full well these allegations are bullshit. It's in their personal interest to peddle them though. Embarrassing.

It is, as many have commented previously, remarkable how in a just few short years, the US voting system has progressed from a completely broken system vulnerable to routine attack and influence from Russia, China, Iran and any other enemy, foreign and domestic to being re-forged into an impregnable fortress of Steel & Truth.

Even more remarkable is that this broken and discredited system was healed and made whole again by the leader of the administration that was that very same system's first casualty and there can be no possible hint of doubt over the probity of the results.

That's how you Make America Great Again.

Last edited:
you made the statement, now back it up.
Is it really that important to you to prove to everyone here you that you gob off baseless bullsh*t and lack integrity?
What is up with you? Didn’t any of your ladies put out for you today?

Dicky Ticker said the mob controls the media or something. You asked who the mob are and were told his opinion. You then asked how they control the media and I gave you my opinion. My job is done. I truly do not care if you feel I’m wrong and should back up my statement. I’ve said my bit and am done. I don’t have to prove integrity or whatever other bullshit you want. I’ve made a statement that is pretty self explanatory to someone who is not looking for a fight and it’s done. Go and have a tug or something to release some tension. It’s really not worth getting irate because someone won’t rise to an internet fight with you.

Note to self for the future. Ignore baiting questions even if they are from people you think are good guys.

What is up with you? Didn’t any of your ladies put out for you today?

Dicky Ticker said the mob controls the media or something. You asked who the mob are and were told his opinion. You then asked how they control the media and I gave you my opinion. My job is done. I truly do not care if you feel I’m wrong and should back up my statement. I’ve said my bit and am done. I don’t have to prove integrity or whatever other bullshit you want. I’ve made a statement that is pretty self explanatory to someone who is not looking for a fight and it’s done. Go and have a tug or something to release some tension. It’s really not worth getting irate because someone won’t rise to an internet fight with you.

Note to self for the future. Ignore baiting questions even if they are from people you think are good guys.

"I’ve made a statement that is pretty self explanatory"

Fair dinkum mate - just tell us what you based your statement on.

Latest Threads