USA - Memorial Day - A tribute!

Discussion in 'US' started by Trip_Wire, May 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Mate I don't know about your lot, but I expect to meet up with the rest of the lads in hell and by christ the devil better dam well come to attention!!

4. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Well, you may be right Biscuits; however, the song is more for the benefit of those left behind like immediate family, other relatives and non-military friends that think highly of us, deserving or not! :D

5. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Well, you may be right Biscuits; however, the song is more for the benefit of those left behind like immediate family, other relatives and non-military friends that think highly of us, deserving or not! :D

6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Ah ok, well let us let them keep their dream :)

we all know we're going to hell.

7. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Brothers:

It was long days of boredom in heat and in cold. Some would come home, some would never grow old They gave it their best in those far away places. Their names fade away, but never their faces.

You remember their laughter and even their tears. Kind of surprising after all of these years, But bonds forged in blood will always run deep. And old memories pop up sometimes in your sleep.

We were young once and strong, and brave in our youth And those that remain are now long in the tooth. Though our bodies are slow and our hair has turned gray. Sometimes it seems like it was just yesterday.

When courage was currency, they paid the price. They gave all they had and didn’t think twice Everyone did their best. Everyone played a part. And our fallen friends stay always young in our hearts.

At the end of a quiet day as the sun wanes, Sometimes I can still hear a bugle’s refrain. Very soft in my heart and soft on the wind All is well. Safely rest. My brothers. My friends.

8. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Taken at the D-day Cemetery above Omaha Beach in April 2010.

Attached Files:

9. Remembering today those brave men and women who gave their lives in service of their country.

Lest we forget.

10. When I am in hell, I'll send you all a postcard...

Semper Fi
    2/6