• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

USA as an Associate Member of the Commonwealth?

His desire to see 80k British Indian troops march into southern Afghanistan and spank the taliban down was quite eye opening.
That's showing a stereotypically American grasp on history, that is.

For me, the clue was in this bit.

I'll believe it when I see something more than a desperate need for column inches.
He'll be posting Express UFO stories next.

“Hearts and Minds” It will be tough at first but you will eventually chive on.

In the spirit of a future filled with co-operation and goodwill I will describe how you drink tea-

Must be made with freshly boiling water.
You put the tea in before the milk.
The tea must be dark brown, not look like beige tinted milk.
Then you add two teaspoons of sugar.

NATO Standard, strong with two sugars and milk. Accept no substitute. Especially not with fooking icecubes.

In the spirit of a future filled with co-operation and goodwill I will describe how you drink tea-

Must be made with freshly boiling water.
You put the tea in before the milk.
The tea must be dark brown, not look like beige tinted milk.
Then you add two teaspoons of sugar.

NATO Standard, strong with two sugars and milk. Accept no substitute. Especially not with fooking icecubes.
You seriously put milk in tea..??

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Which traditionally doesn't include nations who fought wars to leave British rule.
Oh I don't know, Kenya is in, Malaya is in, India, South Africa and others are in.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm with @smartascarrots on this.

Plus, as I mentioned on the Anglosphere thread, no they would lower the tone.

Any nation that considers plaid sports jackets as acceptable attire is not one you wish to be associated with

View attachment 332004

I mean, look at him, he should have been arrested for that jacket alone. Marks him out as wrong un full stop
Never mind the poor chap in his loud-check jacket, what about the 'gentleman' on the right wearing jeans with his sports jacket rather than a good pair of cavalry twill!

You seriously put milk in tea..??

If using loose tea leaves, it's better to put the tea into the milk. It helps to settle the tea leaves.

Milk in scented teas such as Jasmine is a bit of a no-no, though each to his own

I can see the 'USA in the Commonwealth' negotiations are going to take some time..

Oh so rude, I fancy a Walmart on your block for this one.....
Too late you already have, only they're called ASDA's over here.

Asda, which at the time owned 229 stores, was purchased by Walmart on 26 July 1999 for £6.7 billion, trumping a rival bid from Kingfisher plc.

If using loose tea leaves, it's better to put the tea into the milk. It helps to settle the tea leaves.

Milk in scented teas such as Jasmine is a bit of a no-no, though each to his own

I can see the 'USA in the Commonwealth' negotiations are going to take some time..
Scented tea? Is that made by Tetley or Yorkshire Tea?
One presumes you have spent some time living in the deep south? Like Northampton or somewhere?