USA as an Associate Member of the Commonwealth?

Yup, it's a dark art, others will have their own methods:

Put tea bag in mug.
Pour freshly boiled water into mug.
Stir a few times.
Squeeze tea bag (but not too much) and remove.
Pour in milk to achieve desired colour.
Add sugar if wanted.

Total time: under 30 seconds.
Fooking witchcraft!

I do prefer a lemon wedge in my tea.

Question for our septic cousins...I’ve been to Puerto Rico and it’s just a smidgen ‘mercan’. In fact, when I entered the country it was akin to entering mainland USA.

What’s that all about then? How does it all work and hypothetically, could a similar arrangement be made between the US and UK or even other commonwealth countries?

Yup, it's a dark art, others will have their own methods:

Put tea bag in mug.
Pour freshly boiled water into mug.
Stir a few times.
Squeeze tea bag (but not too much) and remove.
Pour in milk to achieve desired colour.
Add sugar if wanted.

Total time: under 30 seconds.
Pfffftttt!!!!!

Add leave to stew for 5 minutes or until it's the colour (not 'color', you yank bastards) of coal tar.

Question for our septic cousins...I’ve been to Puerto Rico and it’s just a smidgen ‘mercan’. In fact, when I entered the country it was akin to entering mainland USA.

What’s that all about then? How does it all work and hypothetically, could a similar arrangement be made between the US and UK or even other commonwealth countries?
It is a Territory. They are US Citizens and can move freely to the mainland. However since they are not a State they don’t get to vote. Same with Guam.

I dunno about that, you have some pretty radical folks(Muslims) that would not be wanted here.

It is a Territory. They are US Citizens and can move freely to the mainland. However since they are not a State they don’t get to vote. Same with Guam.

I dunno about that, you have some pretty radical folks(Muslims) that would not be wanted here.
The point about our unmentionables had occurred to me as well. Given some of the dross we’ve got here of late, I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

Having said that, you lot do seem to have a refreshingly efficient way of dealing with those types, so I suspect if they even looked at a bacon butty disapprovingly, they’d be turned into red mist by some of your citizens PDQ, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Over here, we tend to roll our eyes in a shocked but polite way...never did understand why that doesn’t work :rolleyes:

So maybe one of the questions should be ‘is there a way of enabling free movement and the ability to work and trade in and with the US and commonwealth countries, that also ensures the safety and security of its citizens and doesn’t compromise the national security of the countries involved’?

What about, as a UK / commonwealth citizen, you can opt for a DV type scrutiny on yourself, and if you pass that process, you can avoid visa and green card type stuff, thus move and work freely in other commonwealth countries and the US?

Last edited:

It's a colony you hypocrites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadians like to claim that little adventure as their own
Tell that to the Royal Marines Ref the Bladdensburg races and burning down of the White House. But yes, big thing for the Canadians. The Indians however...