USA 2 Spain 0 in a soccer (correct name) game? Huh?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Virgil, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not much of a soccer-aka-football fan and I especially dislike it when we (Americans) play it. To me it seems horridly Old World--the stuff of funny dressing smelly people (immigrants)--and dull as hell compared to other sports (cricket and baseball excepted). Still I guess I'm a bit proud they won but frankly afraid it'll make the sport more popular here.

[Now Rugby--league or union--there are two damn fine sports you funny speaking gentlemen are welcome to spread here in the states.]

Most sports journalists here--being upstanding Americans--don't know the game and are spouting all kinds of crap.

This leads me to pose the question here of how good are they really? Was this a fluke? And finally it seems a lot of the players had funny accents as well--was there any home-grown talent? Eager to hear what real soccer/football fans think.

2. 35 Games unbeaten - Current European Champions and touted by most in the know as dark Horses for the World Cup next year. Ok there might have been a bit of end of termitis but this is still a good win against a very strong side.

Well done! I doubt if the shower called ingerlund could have done it.

3. Most of the US side I would guess play in europe. T

Then you have the foreigners, who may have a strong national side, and they arnt good enough to get into. So apply for residency/passport in a slightly weaker nation and plays for them.

So crap Wop player, finds his third cousin once spoke to an american, that makes him elligble to play for the US.

4. Hello Virgil,

your boys did well,now nobody mention 1950 please.

tangosix.

5. Quote Virgil;

[Now Rugby--league or union--there are two damn fine sports you funny speaking gentlemen are welcome to spread here in the states.]

According to Alf Garnett, 'It's a poof's game, even the ball is bent'.

6. Posted this before.

Attached Files: