US Warrant Officers

Hi guys. Now that I've been promoted to CW2, here's some further information on US Warrants. I hope this is useful for those of you serving with the US Army:

WARRANT OFFICER 1 (WO1)
An officer appointed by the Secretary of the Army. WO1s are basic level, technically and tactically focused officers who perform the primary duties of technical leader, trainer, operator, manager, maintainer, sustainer, and advisor. WO1s primarily support levels of operations from team or detachment through battalion, requiring interaction with all soldier cohorts and primary staff.

CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER 2 (CW2)
An officer, commissioned by the President of the United States. CW2s are intermediate level technical and tactical experts who perform the primary duties of technical leader, trainer, operator, manager, maintainer, sustainer, and advisor. CW2s primarily support levels of operations from team or detachment through battalion, requiring interaction with all soldier cohorts and primary staff.

CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER 3 (CW3)
An officer, commissioned by the President of the United States. CW3s are advanced-level technical and tactical experts who perform the primary duties of technical leader, trainer, operator, manager, maintainer, sustainer, integrator, and advisor. CW3s primarily support levels of operations from team or detachment through brigade, requiring interaction with all soldier cohorts and primary staff.

CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER 4 (CW4)
An officer, commissioned by the President of the United States. CW4s are senior-level technical and tactical experts who perform the primary duties of technical leader, manager, maintainer, sustainer, integrator and advisor. They primarily support battalion, brigade, division, corps, and echelons above corps operations.

CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER 5 (CW5)
An officer, commissioned by the President of the United States. CW5s are master-level technical and tactical experts who perform the primary duties of technical leader, manager, integrator, advisor, or any other particular duty prescribed by branch. CW5s primarily support brigade, division, corps, echelons above corps, and major command operations. CW5s have special WO leadership and representation responsibilities within their respective commands.

A turd is a turd is a turd is a.......................................

Yawn. :roll:

Now you've been promoted to CW2, you can also go and research why you shouldn't just cut and paste from other websites. It's rude not to acknowledge your sources.

http://www.goarmy.com/about/ranks_insignia_warrant_off.jsp

Or you could contribute beyond idle trolling. I'm sure we've had this debate before anyway. Of course, a CW2 would be above searching previous threads before babbling away...

I've still got the collage of your face, made from our used condoms.

Why is he posting totally uninteresting spam army bollox on our site? He obviously has not read any part of the site as the sense of humour used would normally be completely lost on the useless gung-ho pointless tw@ts!

Nobody gave a fcuk last year. What on Earth makes you think things have changed? Unless you got the beasting of your life by somebody who knows better, the chances are that you're still a cnut. Please do us all a favour and fist yourself until you bleed.

I think that he is a twat. I base my statement on scientific evidence gathered whilst watching CSI Miarrsy!

Warrant officers are warrant officers it's in the name and then they are "COMMISIONED" warrant officers.

No wonder they lost the Vietnam war......

LOL

Frankly, who gives a toss?

If some dumbass septic feels he has to post that here, to ensure that other dumbass septics know what frigging rank is what, well, it speaks volumes about them and the rest of his organisation doesn't it?

Whoever said that US Warrant Officers aren't commissioned? They're just either commissioned by warrant (WO1) or comissioned by the President (CW2) directly on his behalf. Regular (i.e. non-warranted) commissioned officers are commissioned by the President on behalf of the Senate. See Title 10, Subtitle A, Part II-Personnel. Thus there is still a difference in the 'weight' of commission.

NTM

California_Tanker said:
Whoever said that US Warrant Officers aren't commissioned? They're just either commissioned by warrant (WO1) or comissioned by the President (CW2) directly on his behalf. Regular (i.e. non-warranted) commissioned officers are commissioned by the President on behalf of the Senate. See Title 10, Subtitle A, Part II-Personnel. Thus there is still a difference in the 'weight' of commission.

NTM
All I know is I need to salute 'em and remember to call 'em 'mister'. Damn strange rank anyway although I'm looking into it myself, go figure. The intel warrants I can't figure out, former NCOs from those intel MOSs, seem to stand around and do nothing but drink coffee all morning.

G

Goku

I’m going to go out on a limb here and state the obvious but…

The British armed forces salute the Queens commission not the Presidents commission.
Septics, think yourselves privileged if you receive a salute from British personal. If we do salute you it’s out of good manners and common courtesy, but I think Chief_Two was told this last year :roll:

Remember you egotistical cnut, it’s the commission that’s saluted, not you.

Latest Threads