US War dead reached 1000 mark.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by 5_mile_sniper, Sep 9, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thoughts go out to all the Mothers, Fathers, Wives, Husbands, Sons and Daughters left behind.

Regardless of nationality they died as Soldiers.
  2. Perhaps the US are begining to think, not another Vietnam?

Bush's legacy- dead soldiers, grieving relatives :evil:
  3. Is it worth it?
  4. We and the Spams will eventually leave. The Iraqis will go back to fighting each other, the country will fragment into Sunni, Kurdish and Shia enclaves, and a new Saddam will be its only hope. Trying to impose democracy on Arabs is like trying to stop the tide coming in. It's a wste of time, effort, and most importantly, lives. The ragheads don't want a vote, they want a strong leader who commands respect.
  5. I d personally love to put a bullet in George W if my brother had died and that was the best he could come up with

Rest in peace regardless of nationality...
  6. grow up guys, they died becaus ethey were soldiers and that is what they do. they knew the risks. if they didn't trust their politicians they wouldn't have joined. for british dead blame can rest with TB, for the US GB, right? or perhaps the fault lies with the person who shot the weapon, placed the bomb, whatever. perhaps the blame lies with crap soldiering? crap training? lack of experience? could be any number of things - GB and TB aren't to blame per se but they are responsible. is it reminiscent of vietnam? like hell! 1000 - compared to how many thousand?

what a load of rubbish. it is a shame they died, we will mourn them. but hink about what you're saying! some people look at this forum and gauge anger, opinion, etc this sort of talk just makes people think all soldiers are wnakers

7. 1000 eh? Only 55,993 more to go and it'll be edging on 'Nam.
  8. what r u the mod censor? of course soldiers die thats part of the risk but to be openly lied to then smuggled back into the country when brown bread as a dirty secret thats another thing altogether, wether you like it or not these days soldiers think for themselves and have opinions and are not just brainless morons [US Marines excluded}
  9. Pointless bickering....

1000 dead.......mourn, grieve and respect. They were soldiers at the end of the day.

Nothing more to say.

10. Right to anyone who misunderstood, I'm not making political arguments in either direction.

It just so happens that 1000 dead is a nice round figure for the press to report on and I thought that I would be appropriate, what with all the "it's their Vietnam" comments that are inevitably going to appear in the paper, to remember these folks for who they were...

...Soldiers, doing their job, who deserve to be honoured.
  11. Here, here.....

But as the other thread about Fusilier Gentle's mothers campaign shows....

dead soldiers are often hijacked for some political or prospective financial gain of some sort or another.

It's these catalysing organisations that need a good kick up the backside!
  12. surely you can't make a statement like this and believe it? these are professionals who go and do the job they trained for REGARDLESS of who is in power.

RIP those fallen, and thoughts go out to the families and friends of all who have lost loved ones
  13. Apparently the oldest casualty was 59, and a Vietnam War Veteran who re-joined as a reservist. 8O
  14. Not forgetting the Pro ( US ) football player, on $2million a year, who jacked his job in order to go and paid the ultimate price.

Mini TJ

IMO you are talking shite. Died because they where soldiers? So thats alright, then, is it?

If you cannot understand the sentiments being expressed best make no further comment.