US Walt

Discussion in 'US' started by Cpt_Darling, Dec 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im having an ongoing conversation with a Yank, who claimed to be SF, he then sent me an apology saying he wasn't SF, and this is his new story.

If you can see any innacuracies, please point them out because US mil isn't my forte.

" Yeah I'm living in my fantasy world!!! You are the one that wanted to go on and on about who I am and every duty station I have attended. No I'm not a warrant officer. I'm an E-7 Ranger, M 3/75, MOS 11B based out of Fort Benning. I just returned from a 4 month deployment in Iraq. As far as a fantasy world I have no clue who you are or what you say you are. I joined in 2000. No I am not Special Forces. I have and do work directly with them however. Ex: TF-145. You should know a little bit about this if you are SBS. I apologize for being an ass hole but I give the same respect as what you give me. I was drunk and it was fun to play with at the time. What do you expect from me though? You give me no information about yourself and ask me to tell you every duty station in which I have been assigned and what I've done. I do not care to argue with you about where I've been, or my background. I never attended RMAS. I graduated from University of Tennessee. I do still have family in Stockton, England. I would not be an Officer even if I was given the choice. I find no fun sitting back at a FOB while my soldiers are fighting. I've done my part for my country and a man that has never looked me in the eyes cannot take that from me. I've done my time in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yes I did take part in the first phase of OEF. I deployed Nov. 2nd 2001. I've done my part in OIF as well. Once again it is ridiculous to keep going back and forth over this so I'm choosing to end it. I've told you who I truly am and if you don't believe me that is fine. You seem to enjoy talking down to people especially the Irish that blast you on your profile. I really cannot speak out against any branch of England's military due to the fact that they have supported us all the way in Afghanistan and Iraq. I honestly believe that NATO is a ******* joke though. If you still believe I'm bull shitting you that is your opinion I have now given you the one hundred percent truth. Think of me as you will. Good luck to you and Merry Christmas. "

" We are not a regular infantry division which does do 12 to 15 month deployments. We compliment Special Forces and 50% of the time are attached to them on missions. Our deployments are shorter because we do more and they want us to be fresh, other than the fact that 70% of us have PTSD. I have looked in the mirror trust me. My wife and command like what they see also. I don't know your age or rank but I'm sure I've done more deployments than yourself. I get and demand my respect or I wouldn't be a SFC. My job is to lead soldiers and that is what I do. Rangers lead the way. I take nothing away from SBS, SAS, or Royal Marines Commandos. It is like I said before that I have no respect for NATO except for Canada, U.K., and the U.S. Please tell me that you are an offcer that sits on a FOB all day. "

" Alright let me get this straight you ask me what an SFC ( Sergeant First Class ) is and then you say you find it hard to believe I'm a Sgt. when I bullshited about being in the SF. I've almost got 10 years in the military!!!!!!

When I say attached I mean support. I didn't spout off my exact duties on you tube when I am trying to point out the inconsistency of a video. That video did no justce for what took place over there. That was Nov. of 2001 I was a freaking Private and that was the first battle or better yet massacre I had ever been in, aside from the fact that it was pretty much all airstrikes being called in and the only individuals fighting were the Northern Alliance and the SBS got a few shots in also.

We are called in to support anyone when needed or whatever branch it may be. My battalion supported the British Paratroopers Sf Support group, U.S. Special Forces, SAS, and SBS when we were doing a high profile search on Al-Zarqawi.

Also, yes I have seen British officers along with U.S. officers sit on their asses back at the FOB when sending soldiers on a mission. The only officers I have seen go into actual battles are Lieutenants and Captains and they are normally in the rear even then.

Rangers are light infantry and many people rank us up with Special Forces. The only difference betwwen us and SF is that they train the locals to fight and we are in the battle fighting by their side. I have no clue where you get the idea that Sergeant First Class's are not Rangers but you are extremely confused. We are basically an Army within the Army. Also, I'm not looking for your approval but I am Damn good at what I do. I've only lost three soldiers from Squad leader and up and I've been doing this since 1999.

You might want to ask a couple friends about the deployments we do also. I have only had two extended deployments which was 9 months when we first entered Afghanistan and the high profile target in Iraq which was 7 months. Other than that a typical Ranger deployment varies between 3 to 4 months and then we get 2 to 4 months off before deploying again. I have 4 deployments in Iraq and three in Afghanistan. Special Forces are the same except they do anywhere around six months and are off about the same.

The only forces that deploy for 12 to 15 months are regular infantry divisions. I also have a friend that is a Recon Marine that did eighteen months and that was only because of the invasion of Iraq.

I would probably get a little defensive if you were calling me a liar and I couldn't give you any information to support your claim, but you are laughable in your lack of knowledge. I'm a laid back person 90% of the time but all you can tell me is you are RM and you don't give me rank or anything. What is your occupation?

You can ask me any questions and if I'm at liberty to inform you I will. I imagine you have spent most of your time in Basra though which is like a vacation spot in Iraq. To make a long story short you can be a seargeant First Class in The Ranger Bat. I'm 29 years old and can still show the new kids out.

Keep on running your mouth. The only ones I see like you are the soldiers that get ridiculed by the military ( I mean Armed Forces) There is no difference they are all in the same.

I guess You tube is your chance to be assertive and dominant."

" I was in Afghanistan when it took place. I was at the FOB when the shit hit the fan. No I was not actually at Qala jang but was considered support on it. I'm guessing you are pretty young but we all deployed after 9/11. I was pinned for support in Bosnia and never stepped foot in there.

I apologise for the typo and you are correct it is Task Force 145.

As for my rank I am Infantry it does not take that long to move up in rank. As long as you do your job and your officers like you your promotion comes pretty quick. I have the promotion points, I've been to college, Airborne school, Air Assault, and sniper school. I was also just pinned two weeks ago on my return from Iraq. You need to do a little research on the U.S. Army.

We have staff sergeants that have only been in service for 6 years.

"Then a meteoric rise to SSgt in 7 years?I think you need to sort out your timeline"

I've seen a lot and done a lot and as I said before when you have a lot to show for your career you get promoted. I do understand what you are saying though. Medics and MOS's of that nature do not promote as easily. I have 10 years in the service in March and I re enlisted in Iraq so my bonus will be tax free.

You make quite a few assertions for someone that does not know much about my military. Ex: U.S. does one year tours, It isn't possible to become an SFC in ten years.

I can counteract a lot of the shit you throw at me. Your just a straight up RM/ Whats your rank and age? If you don't mind me asking. Were you even old enough to join after 9/11 or Iraq.

Normally, I wouldn't get offended by your e-mails. After the things I've seen and done and the issues and loss of friends I have to carry with me for the rest of my life it just simply aggravates me."

"lright let me get this straight you ask me what an SFC ( Sergeant First Class ) is and then you say you find it hard to believe I'm a Sgt. when I bullshited about being in the SF. I've almost got 10 years in the military!!!!!!

When I say attached I mean support. I didn't spout off my exact duties on you tube when I am trying to point out the inconsistency of a video. That video did no justce for what took place over there. That was Nov. of 2001 I was a freaking Private and that was the first battle or better yet massacre I had ever been in, aside from the fact that it was pretty much all airstrikes being called in and the only individuals fighting were the Northern Alliance and the SBS got a few shots in also.

We are called in to support anyone when needed or whatever branch it may be. My battalion supported the British Paratroopers Sf Support group, U.S. Special Forces, SAS, and SBS when we were doing a high profile search on Al-Zarqawi.

Also, yes I have seen British officers along with U.S. officers sit on their asses back at the FOB when sending soldiers on a mission. The only officers I have seen go into actual battles are Lieutenants and Captains and they are normally in the rear even then.

Rangers are light infantry and many people rank us up with Special Forces. The only difference betwwen us and SF is that they train the locals to fight and we are in the battle fighting by their side. I have no clue where you get the idea that Sergeant First Class's are not Rangers but you are extremely confused. We are basically an Army within the Army. Also, I'm not looking for your approval but I am Damn good at what I do. I've only lost three soldiers from Squad leader and up and I've been doing this since 1999.

You might want to ask a couple friends about the deployments we do also. I have only had two extended deployments which was 9 months when we first entered Afghanistan and the high profile target in Iraq which was 7 months. Other than that a typical Ranger deployment varies between 3 to 4 months and then we get 2 to 4 months off before deploying again. I have 4 deployments in Iraq and three in Afghanistan. Special Forces are the same except they do anywhere around six months and are off about the same.

The only forces that deploy for 12 to 15 months are regular infantry divisions. I also have a friend that is a Recon Marine that did eighteen months and that was only because of the invasion of Iraq.

I would probably get a little defensive if you were calling me a liar and I couldn't give you any information to support your claim, but you are laughable in your lack of knowledge. I'm a laid back person 90% of the time but all you can tell me is you are RM and you don't give me rank or anything. What is your occupation?

You can ask me any questions and if I'm at liberty to inform you I will. I imagine you have spent most of your time in Basra though which is like a vacation spot in Iraq. To make a long story short you can be a seargeant First Class in The Ranger Bat. I'm 29 years old and can still show the new kids out.
    "

" Alright when I was deployed to Afghanistan I was a n E-3 P ( Private First Class Promotable) when I got home I went in front of the NCO board to become an E-5 Sergeant and I got it. Before I deployed I went through Airborne and Air Assault school and then went to Ranger school for three months. In 2004 I was promoted to E-6 Staff Seargeant and held that for the last three and a half years.

A ******* corporal!!!!! Give me a break. I am getting the third degree from a corporal. I am a 11 Bravo which is Infantry. If you show good leadership skills you get your promotions pretty fast. There is also a lot of politics that go into play with it also. The three FOBS I've been stationed at in Afghanistan are Khanabad, Jacobabad, and Bagram. My first deployment we were located at Mazar-e-sharif so we could be there at a moments notice considering that is where it began.

When I say get pinned I mean promoted. I am given my rank if that makes it easier for you.

I also never said that there was one British paratroopers Sf support group. There command were the only ones in our briefings. During Anaconda we set up a perimeter around Iraq to catch Zarqawi. 22 SAS and SBS was Task Force Black which supported the Basra area, Task Force North was the 75th Ranger regiment which is still classified, Task Force west was Naval special warfare development group, Task force center was 1st Special forces. I never said any certain British para group so I guess your just being a jackass. The Task force still exist it was just renamed.

As far as me saying I am SF, Rangers don't do as much bullshit but we are a special forces group without the title. Half the shit I had to go through is as difficult as Special Forces. I was also given a chance to to go through the selection process and did not want to. The men I fight next to are my brothers.

When you get a little more rank you can have your little cock sizing contest with me all day. When I was in Afghanistan you were still in High School. And yes I'm going on ten years of service as a Sergeant First Class. "

" I was in Ranger school in '01 when the war began. I finished my final phase upon return from Afghanistan. You have to be Airborne and Air assault to even go through Ranger school. I don't know if you remember 9/11 but we stopped all training except for the basic trainees.

I came into the Army as a Private first class and was given a waiver to go in front of the NCO board. Trust me there is no internet hardman act taking place at all. I'm 29 years old and can still pull a 300 on my PT test.

As far as our conversations they are over. I let my Sgt.'s deal with cpl.'s. Ialso have family to spend time with. The sad part is I thought you were highspeed. What is your MOS? Supply Clerk."

"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:One last question
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:One last question
    I did JROTC before entering the Army, so I entered the Army as an E-3. When I graduated from Basic and AIT I was attached to 10th mountain division. If I were to fail Ranger school that would have been my unit and yes we did deploy immediately when 9/11 happened. When you go to Ranger School you have to go through Airborne and Air Assault and I had just completed Airborne.

As for your sake lets just say undecided. You cannot even tell me your MOS. That is your job in the military. Ex: Medic, Infantry, Tanker, M/X, Etc.

My MOS is 11B ( Infantry) 3/75 Regiment. I finished training as soon as I returned. I've only had four duty stations since I've been in the Army in Fort Benning, Fort Stewart, Fort Campbell, I also trained the Florida phase of Ranger school for six months at Camp Rudder.

You really seem to know a lot for an E-4 that was still in high school when my country was attacked."

2. If you can be arrsed reading all that of course...

3. why do you care so much ? ( i read half of it )

4. Im not really sure, he is a persistent walt, got caught out once then came back with a new story.This one just seems to got under my skin, especially since his story is so transparently false.

5. FCK Me your boring

6. A few things strike me as odd, he mentions going to Ranger School before being assigned to 3/75th Rangers. As far as I'm aware only completion of RIP (Ranger Induction Program) is required after AIT and Airborne training. Ranger school usually comes later.

This really stuck out though:
    Have you been walting to him as well?

7. No he had this strange fixation that I was SBS, I could show you the 4 times I told him this wasn't so.Maybe everyone in his world is SF.

8. I'd half to see what he said BEFORE this, to see if any changes took place. Alot of it checks out as far as I can tell, though I'm far from expert.

Rangers don't usually get so sentimental though.

9. SOCNET might be of use - there regularly seems to be threads similar to this one and it looks like they're able to confirm whether someone who claims to be US SF is telling the truth (there's also some good balanced informed opinion on things like the bank bailout and the like):

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=82627

10. Where's Trip Wire when you need him :)

11. This link may help all the Walt hunters Walt Hunt

12. Hmm,

Ranger contract on enlistment gaurantees slots in jump school and RIP, no lower enlisted transfer into a Batt from other outfits. For incoming officers and NCO's there is ROP or the Ranger Orientation Program. Very few exiting NCO's are accepted to be honest as the 75th prefers to grow it's own leaders but former Batt members do wander back later in their careers. (It is very possible to make rank quickly in that regiment... I was with 2/75th for just under three years and made E-5 in that time.) Unless it's changed (my experience was well over a decade ago), soldiers in the 75th get slots for Ranger school once they have made PFC and make it through the outfit's grueling pre-Ranger course. Promotion to E-4 occur more or less automatically on successfull completion of R school. Of course... if they are deployed completion of the school takes a backseat to on the job performance and promotion is made and attendence is deferred till they return from theater.

A sergeant first class in the Batt is a platoon sergeant... he is the "mother" of four squads and oversees training, maintenance, and day to day activities of his NCO's and soldiers. Why an individual in such a position would get into a pi55ing match online has me puzzled to be honest... as does his time line. Jump school is a requirement to serve in the 75th but AASLT would not be offered until after Ranger school. This individual should of been promoted to E-4 before he deployed. There is no official E-3P nonsense... there is E-4P meaning you have the minimum time in grade and have attended a promotion board and successfully completed PLDC (waved for Ranger school graduates unless that has changed.) E-3P is an internal thing for some units to refer to PFC's who are ready to make E-4... some units have requirements like completion of a school (101st required AASLT for example) or a little in house promotion board but there is no official E-3P rating as far as the Army is concerned.

Bah... my coffee is cold and I need to get something accomplished before the wife gets back from grocery shopping so I'll wrap this up by saying I strongly suspect your E-7 is probably a lower enlisted who knows a bit and is exagerating. Shoot me a PM if you have and particular questions and if you have his name and Ranger class number it will be easy enough to verify if he's what he says he is. Nice thing about this day and age is we have the Stolen Valor act which makes BS'ing about one's military qualifications and background a federal offense... funny how many "ex-SEaLs" have disappeared since that measure passed... ;)

13. I know absolutely nothing about the American military but lots about language analysis and I think the biggest bluff in that is the gender.

The narrative and syntactical structure, sentence structure, type and frequency of qualifiers used are all classically feminine. There's a register shift whenever s/he uses 'aggressive' language, suggesting that the writer is unused to being aggressive, whether in writing or in person, and is actively trying to adopt a persona that is very different to their own nature.

14. Blimey Rosa, you've got to be really up with the play to get away with a

spot of Walting these days. I think that I will cancel that medal purchase

from Ebay.