US Vet Awarded $3.7M Over Poor PTSD Treatment.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AIR FILTER, Jan 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So how come the thousands of other British Veterans diagnosed with the same PTSD illnesses don't get the same level of justice ?
  2. Trollage just made you look a ****. Don't change the subject.
  3. No, he did that to himself.

4. Sorry guys wasn't meant to make anyone look bad (except maybe our leaders) US pay out is huge, UK pay out is rare and was subject to a huge amount of resistance. I suspect if they'd not used him in a video about PTSD they'd have dug their heels in and said it didn't exist. Either way it's rare and sad to see when incidents such as the suicide of a Falklands vet 30 years on have recently occurred. I dont think you should be made a multi-millionaire for your injuries, you all join up knowing you might get injured or killed but i do think you've earned the right to have some of the day to day stresses removed. instead you're 12k a year worse off than dole-scum because of your army pension. Military covenant my arse!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. What's the UK civilian rate of damages awarded in PTSD cases?

You can bet your bottom dollar that it's a great deal more than what our Armed Forces get.
  6. **** off air filter.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app
  7. vampireuk: You are the UK Armed Forces minister and i claim my War disablement pension. :)
  8. You would have actually had to have served first.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app
  9. It's not just PTSD that is poorly compensated. The law was changed some years ago as a result of the numbers of ex-military claiming for hearing problems. As a result of this change should SPVA award you a % disability below 20% off the back of a basic military audiology test (which are so outdated compared to what the NHS provides) you can challenge it with more accurate audiology tests but a tribunal does not have the power to overturn the decision!

My advice, if you think your hearing is damaged as a result of service, insist on being referred to an NHS audiology department and keep a copy of the results.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Well no shit Batman.
  11. Dunno, why don't you tell us?
  12. Because he's got no ******* idea.