US v UK METHOD OF OPERATION- BBC REPORT

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chimera, Oct 24, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

2. I agree, it's a very good piece, however, I think it lost it a little at the end. Was the reference to AN american who WAS thoughtful, and the mention of a sibling that just happens to have been born on September the 11th supposed to add sinister twist to the story? Or was it supposed to offer a reason for the americans inability to softly grasp the hearts and hinds of the Iraqi people?

I don't know, but it lost it at the end.

3. The correspondent probably wrote more than appears on the website, but it was cut to fit the space available and just kind of tailed off instead of remaining structured.

4. It is a good article and serves to highlight the different approaches between the US and UK froces on the ground.

As had been mentioned it does seem a little stilted and the full report would have been better - and some more in-depth research, some facts & figures etc.

Be interesting to see what happens when the BW battle group gets into the 'new theatre'.... according to the "The Sunday telegraph" the militias in the area are predicting a great time for themselves cause they see the British as a soft touch.

Am sure the Jocks will shake them of that belief soon enough.

[​IMG]