US troops ordered to ignore Afghan allies pederast tendancies

I like this bit at the end,

In a report last year the US State Department said there were suggestions "security officials and those connected to the Afghan National Police raped children with impunity."

My bold. Suggestions?!! Have they ever even been there?

Last edited:
The whole "chai boy" thing was well known about at all levels but I can't remember there being any direction about either ignoring it or dealing with it. The women are for babies, boys are for pleasure is part of their culture and trying to change hundreds of years of children abuse culture over the space of 10 years or so is naive.

Should the dirty barstewards be in prison? Most definitely. Are the Afghans actually going to do more than a token amount to deal with the problem? Are they fcuk!

How sure are you that is actually true? The impression I get was that it was very like the Provos 'Direct Action Against Drugs', in that they went after everyone they didn't like who was doing it in a very public way while carrying on doing it themselves behind the scenes.
Opium poppy growing and the production of heroin and opium under the Taliban fell by more than 99%:

In July 2000, Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar, collaborating with the United Nations to eradicate heroin production in Afghanistan, declared that growing poppies was un-Islamic, resulting in one of the world's most successful anti-drug campaigns. The Taliban enforced a ban on poppy farming via threats, forced eradication, and public punishment of transgressors. The result was a 99% reduction in the area of opium poppy farming in Taliban-controlled areas, roughly three quarters of the world's supply of heroin at the time.[14] The ban was effective only briefly due to the deposition of the Taliban in 2002.
However some people believe that the Taliban had stored huge amounts of the drug before the ban, and then used the resultant explosion in the price of heroin

For want of moral courage, the war was lost...
Might have had more to do with trying to defeat a native force with large reserves and secure rear basing in a supportive nuclear power with a large army and a determined interest in having strategic depth all the way to Kabul.

Us delicately treating said power as valuable ally in the GWOT rather than the world's largest sponsor of mass casualty terror attacks and one with a tangible relationship to 9-11 may not have helped either.

Not having the moral courage to see the world as it is but needing it to be something more in line with our fantasies perhaps.

Opium poppy growing and the production of heroin and opium under the Taliban fell by more than 99%:

However some people believe that the Taliban had stored huge amounts of the drug before the ban, and then used the resultant explosion in the price of heroin
Whilst the stats are right, the back story to that was that the Taliban had tonnes of the stuff in storage already. The ban on production significantly increased the wholesale price at a time when they really needed the funds.

Mentor away till doomsday, you've as much chance of changing the tribal culture of the region, as would [say] the Americans if they tried to eliminate racist soccer hooliganism among Chelsea fans, by sending trainers to mentor Foot Guards in Knightsbridge Barracks.
I read some anthropology on Pashtun culture. Reckoned a major Western misunderstanding was that it was tribal in the formal sense. Much more fragmented with intra-clan disputes being the norm and first cousins being natural enemies.

A people hard to rule only fast to unify against intruders and then easily bought. That said it was relatively peaceful before the decades long civil war that we intervened in started. That long an internal conflict will **** up any people.

While Langley was bribing every warlord they could find to make nice we simultaneously whined about the corruption of our creation in Kabul without every seeing any connection. We also managed to reconstruct Iraq as a more corrupt society than it ever was with our little ways. These Rule By White SUV nation building adventures are often epic opportunities for our anointed clients to hardwire in a lucrative patronage system.

so, how long before Phil Shiner is out there promising free money to everyone who signs a statement saying 'I was bummed by afghan soldiers and the British didn't stop them' ?

Kerching!

so, how long before Phil Shiner is out there promising free money to everyone who signs a statement saying 'I was bummed by afghan soldiers and the British didn't stop them' ?

Kerching!
Probably not as the amount of cognitive dissonance it would produce would cause his head to explode.

Local dusky people doing things that are wrong - not the Brit squaddie doing the raping...???

Or maybe his money grabbing genes will overcome this...

Can't remember where I gleaned these memories from: During Slick Willies watch I recall a US woman complaining about the amount of US aid still going into Afghanistan despite their absmal treatment of wimmin' human rights etc.
When the aid stopped, shortly after, a rude reminder was despatched to WTC.
Do records correlate, the amount of heroin production in Afghanistan, the amount of US aid there and any effects related to its finishing? I wouldn't know where to check reliable sources.
Was the US effectively being blackmailed into paying 'danegeld' whilst the taliban manipulated heroin production and supply?
Without being political, whilst Bush gets lampooned I can't help thinking that the seeds may have been unwittingly sown by, some say, Americas smartest Pres.

Kerching!
Amateur

To a cnut skilled lawyer like Shinner there's also compensation to be had by any boy / boys family who were beaten or suffered mental anguish through fear of being beaten in revenge because the Brits stopped him being abused.

Some Afghan warlords are known for feeding miscreants under the tracks of T-Series tanks or leaving them to broil in containers for a laugh. I can't get particularly excited about some Afghans having sexual preferences rather similar to prominent Victorians like who actively sought out such things not just abroad but in London's slums.

Lord knows what Hellfire Club like practices some of the chaps who run London and Tokyo get up to of an evening and the Americans haven't given them the brush off.

No.4 Mk.1

On ROPS
On ROPs
The reason we were here is because we heard the terrible things the Taliban were doing to people, how they were taking away human rights,” said Dan Quinn, a former Special Forces captain who beat up an American-backed militia commander for keeping a boy chained to his bed as a sex slave. “But we were putting people into power who would do things that were worse than the Taliban did — that was something village elders voiced to me.”

The policy of instructing soldiers to ignore child sexual abuse by their Afghan allies is coming under new scrutiny, particularly as it emerges that service members like Captain Quinn have faced discipline, even career ruin, for disobeying it.

After the beating, the Army relieved Captain Quinn of his command and pulled him from Afghanistan. He has since left the military.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/w...-ignore-afghan-allies-abuse-of-boys.html?_r=0

Hardly news but the issue is finally gaining traction in the US, at the cost of some good men's careers, every other military in theatre has done pretty much the same .

Putting a very robust stop to this sort of thing was one of the reasons why the Taliban were popular originally and the reason why they are the only people to go to for real redress in these situations
Bit of good news

Pentagon watchdog will investigate Afghan child sex reports

I know this is the serious bit, and I'm not wanting to detract from that but if we take the "women for babies, boys for pleasure" bit can we then assume the ones now doing the buggering have hoops like a basketball net thereby perpetuating the whole cycle of incest, child abuse etc.
Also, I guess it pays to be a butt (pardon the pun) ugly yoof out there?

No.4 Mk.1

On ROPS
On ROPs
I know this is the serious bit, and I'm not wanting to detract from that but if we take the "women for babies, boys for pleasure" bit can we then assume the ones now doing the buggering have hoops like a basketball net thereby perpetuating the whole cycle of incest, child abuse etc.
Also, I guess it pays to be a butt (pardon the pun) ugly yoof out there?
I remember a report, about 2010 or 2011, of two Afghan boys who'd been kidnapped by the local warlord / hardman. The family went to the ANP, who turned them away. They then went to the district governor who also turned them away.

They then went to the Taliban - before dawn the next day the Taliban had surrounded the compound, rescued the boys and tried and executed their kidnappers.

It was a credible report on a credible website but i can't find it now. Did anyone else hear similar?

To my understanding the Taliban are cnuts - stoning women, banning music, kite flying, etc - but... however bad they got, it was still better than the rule of the Warlords, drug lords, assorted nasty bastards we'd left armed to the teeth back in 1989.

Last edited:
I think that's the moral dilemma of modern democracies - is it "better the devil you know...?" when you know the current devil acts as he does?

I remember a report, about 2010 or 2011, of two Afghan boys who'd been kidnapped by the local warlord / hardman. The family went to the ANP, who turned them away. They then went to the district governor who also turned them away.

They then went to the Taliban - before dawn the next day the Taliban had surrounded the compound, rescued the boys and tired and executed their kidnappers.

It was a credible report on a credible website but i can't find it now. Did anyone else hear similar?

To my understanding the Taliban are ***** - stoning women, banning music, kite flying, etc - but... however bad they got, it was still better than the rule of the Warlords, drug lords, assorted nasty bastards we'd left armed to the teeth back in 1989.
Yes I have heard the same, and it is exactly the way the Taliban made their reputation at first and got so much support and traction when they first swept the warlords out of power. By Afghan standards they do have a functioning and relatively incorruptible justice system, unlike the Warlords in the 1990's or what we have established since 2002

No.4 Mk.1

On ROPS
On ROPs
I think that's the moral dilemma of modern democracies - is it "better the devil you know...?" when you know the current devil acts as he does?
More blind apathy than a moral dilemma - who gave a f cuk about Afghanistan in 1996?

They'd effectively won the cold war for us, and despite missions to the UN by Ahmad Massoud telling of the crisis of Afghanistan and the presence of AQ, we washed our hands of them.

The c unts habitually raping children in Afghanistan today are the c unts we paid and empowered to fight the Taliban.

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/...ll-weapons-to-Taliba-and-rape-young-boys-.mp4

Last edited:

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Henceforth to be known as the 'Arab Spring dilemma'.