US Troop tours extended - Brits next Swiss?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by rockape34, Jan 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. here

2. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

Rendered speechless, utterly speechless

3. Poor b*stards, them & their families.

4. THe same happened in 2004 when 4th (US) Armd Div were going home. Bush decided that he needed to surge more troops in so kept 4AD back for a further 4 months. Their armour was already at sea and got turned round. Was talking to a soldier in Baghdad from 4AD about his tour and he was getting a post to the next Div to come out so was facing another 12 moth tour just after his current 16 month one.

5. Civillians won't understand this. Unless you've been on tour, counting down the days with growing excitement and finally arriving there with a feeling of overwhelming relief - That it's over, that you're not going to lose anyone else, that you're still in one piece - Then you simply won't be able to grasp how completely and totally devestating this is.

This news will completely destroy the morale of those lads.

What makes it worse is that this isn't WW2 and the cause of it is nothing more than atrocious planning on the part of the US government.

I wouldn't blame them one bit if they put down their weapons and refused to soldier. I fcuking would.

6. MODs - Can't we fuck this lunatic off?

7. Agreed RFUK; Dogface - O2 Thief is a well deserved attachment to your nickname. Many of us have served alongside US (and other nations') troops on active service
    The point is this:
    edited for spelling ...

8. I'd go fecking ballistic if they did that to me. Doing a 12 month tour is bad enough but having your return date moved is crushing.

A doubt the lads will down tools, most of the Yanks I met are far to professional, but I can't see them staying in the Guard for very long after they get back. More recruiting vs retention trouble ahead.

Please don't tell Swiss, he'll think its a great idea.

9. Absoute spot-on post, RFUK!

What a fückin' disgraceful way to run a campaign. So much for Babbeo Bush "caring for the troops".

MsG

PS. "Dogshite goes on and on about how he's served, but he's never actually proved it and from his bone posts it's highly likely that he's a civvie.

10. Double post again. My apologies. Why does this keep happening to me?

MsG

11. That is pure sh1te that is. Fancy hearing from your own family first. My heart goes out to them.

Fcuking cnuts!

12. A 12 month tour is bad enough, unless it actually achieves a sensible tour interval! However to be told of an increase by your family would just be soul destroying.

As for Dogface's comments about increasing tour lengths in time of WAR he needs to get a grip. This is not the 1st or 2nd World War, both the UK and the US are not fighting a war of national survival. Soldiers still have lives outside of the Army and end of tour dates cannot be kept as closely held information. You need to deploy knowing that you will be redeployed in 6/12 months time otherwise there is nothing to look forwards to.

13. Is that the war on terror??

Tell me, how is the War on Drugs going....?

T C

14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

What a fcuking moron. What planet does this idiot live on? :shakefist:

15. Mr Dogface-oxygenthief
    I see you do not agree with your ex-President Teddy then!Survival of the WEST ,are you a cowboy ,you won the west when you killed all them red Indians and stole their land.Yours is a battle for oil not for freedom.