US tribute Video

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by leveller, Apr 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No blazing guns, yeehaas, America the great, etc, but this makes it all the more powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay

I hope we have the same pride in this country regardless of the reasons for the various conflicts we are now involved in?

2. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Yes, indeed a very nicely done video!

It brings a tear to my eye, seeing those 82nd Airborne patchs and maroon berets, given the latest KIAs in Iraq. :cry:

3. Ah a yank! Dumb question from a limey, why is the US flag the wrong way round on the right hand shoulder on the US personnel?

4. great presentation

a real kick in the nuts when it

gets to the funerals

but very nicely done

5. I believe it's so that it looks like it's "being blown by the wind".
    crap description but it's the best I can do.

Moved to blubbing at aprox 1.25 to go, the little fella at the funeral in his own marine uniform. Very moving.

6. At least I am slightly more enlightend :?

7. Very moving.

8. http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/f/faqflag.htm

from the site:

The full-color U.S. flag cloth replica is worn so that the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right, and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward.

hope that helps. :wink:

9. Moving stuff...

10. Sorry, I thought that was absolute tosh. Saccharine mawkish sentimentality at its worst...

11. Nice one Xerxes, that should get them biting! Good Vid but someone poked me in the eyes after awhile cos I couldnt see anything. What a pussy

12. Thanks just one of those weird and minor items that had bugged me for a while, cheers Datum :thumleft:

13. Jeez. Somebody poked me in the eye. I'm not generally a great fan of the schmaltzy side of life but I think this is pretty powerful stuff - "some people hate me" - more self knowledge than you would generally expect from the other side of the pond.

Our part is generally a lot more understated and less public - I'm not sure if we have this right. "Tommy this an' Tommy that" etc. We all deserve more.

Who says they haven't learned the some of the lessons of Vietnam?