US trialling First Strike rations

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Apollonia, Jul 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. These are not replacing MREs but are "designed for use during initial periods of highly intense, highly mobile combat operations"

http://www.natick.army.mil/soldier/media/fact/food/FSR.htm

The 'warfighter' pictured looks really happy with the new rations! Or is he just confused and wondering how to open the pouch?

2. Is there really a need for extra rations? Or will these replace the MRE's?

T C

3. They are not designed as a replacement for MREs, but as a lightweight option for fast movers operating in a high tempo environment.

"Hooah!" :roll:

[​IMG]

4. I can't help thinking there must be a flaw in diet rations. :roll:

Is that a euphemism for vomiting?

5. I guess that this means that they're dehydrated. That's one way to save weight...

so long as extra water is available.

6. "HooAh!"

Reminds me of my cadet days :p .

7. Although a lot quicker to prepare than bag-boiling, the MRE is thought to be too time consuming especially during an intense period of operation (hence the name). Also, MREs often get field stripped anyways.

8. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

HooAh! OMFG

Do they also contain cans of WoopAss?

9. I'm no soldier, never was, but don't we already have Mars bars?

10. Trials in the 1960s using highly concentrated screech, met with rather less than satisfactory results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U6WpLLLVvc

11. Neither are they, they are now Warfighters!

12. Well despite the faintly ludicrous name, Hooah bars should give you a lot more bang for your buck than a Mars bar.

[​IMG]

13. But I wonder will Jagger and Faithful try a bit of Hooah?

14. What's wrong with humping a 10 man pack around with a number one burner. Or even a large tin of Machonchies.

Nostalgic for Mutton Scotch Style.

15. Fackin' yanks, peanutfackinbutter with everything. If that was'nt bad enough in the mre's you also get that stinking jalepeno cheese and the 'pound cake' a remarkable substance able to soak up every drop of moisture in your body in about 2 seconds. Ideal when your on the surface of the sun.