US Transfers Armor To Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Nov 25, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was thinking smart move save them from the massed N Korean arty, extreme range and so lethal, but then I though ah mistake the supersonic torpedoes that the feendish Koreans are famous for will have the yankee swine by th short and curlys.
    john

2. Currently the NKs are looking very nervously over their shoulders at the Chinese. If they so much as sneeze out of place the PLA will be in there like a shot.

3. Probably to replace the ones in-theatre that are breaking down at a depressingly high rate.

Lack of spares, lack of second-line maintenance are really taking their toll, according to one blog from an in-theatre US tanker.

4. [quote="Gravelbelly]
    Probably to replace the ones in-theatre that are breaking down at a depressingly high rate.

Lack of spares, lack of second-line maintenance are really taking their toll, according to one blog from an in-theatre US tanker. [/quote]

Pals of mine over there report a surprisingly high number of destroyed Abrams tanks, assuming that immobile with the turret a little distance from the hull shows a destroyed tank...maybe not as RPG proof as Uncle Sam would like to think.. perhaps we could sell them Chally?