• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

US Transfers Armor To Iraq

I was thinking smart move save them from the massed N Korean arty, extreme range and so lethal, but then I though ah mistake the supersonic torpedoes that the feendish Koreans are famous for will have the yankee swine by th short and curlys.
john

Not_Whistlin_Dixie said:
The US Second Infantry Division, deployed near the North Korean border, is sending 100 M1A1 main battle tanks to Iraq.
Probably to replace the ones in-theatre that are breaking down at a depressingly high rate.

Lack of spares, lack of second-line maintenance are really taking their toll, according to one blog from an in-theatre US tanker.

[quote="Gravelbelly]
Probably to replace the ones in-theatre that are breaking down at a depressingly high rate.

Lack of spares, lack of second-line maintenance are really taking their toll, according to one blog from an in-theatre US tanker. [/quote]

Pals of mine over there report a surprisingly high number of destroyed Abrams tanks, assuming that immobile with the turret a little distance from the hull shows a destroyed tank...maybe not as RPG proof as Uncle Sam would like to think.. perhaps we could sell them Chally?

Latest Threads