• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

US trade gap widens as oil soars

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4145850.stm

The US trade deficit widened by 6.1% in June to $58.8bn (£32.5bn), as the soaring cost of oil boosted imports to the world's biggest economy.
The monthly trade gap grew from May's $55.4bn figure, the US Commerce Department reported.

Analysts had predicted June's trade gap would be in the region of $57.3bn, as the stronger dollar hit US exports.

Petroleum imports to the US hit a record $19.9bn, with average oil prices in the month reaching $44.40 a barrel
How long before we get to $75.00 a barrel? More importantly, at what level will it start to bite the US economy?

Saw a piece on BBC24 last night, where delivery companies are going to start charging fuel weighting to their customers 8O

You're looking west, you should be more concerned looking East
Those lovely chinese (6 billion people can't be wrong)
Currently the biggest oil user and owner too, all those lovely oil-fields in Kurdistan and Krygzystan belong to ,or optioned to them.

I already have looked east Darthspud. They hold rather a lot of options on Iranian Oil fields as well.
Now if I was cynical.............

Do you think I should warn-off the wife for arrival of next invite to Tony and Dubya's beach party deux ????
Think she's going to be a bit miffed if i miss another christmas lazing in the sun.
Mind you I am a full civvy cnut now, but hell, he may mbilise everyone just for the hell of it.
Full employment
QUICK THOUGHT
Never fight a land war in Asia????
Tony and Dubya need to read their history and heed Monty's words of wisdom

Darthspud said:
You're looking west, you should be more concerned looking East
Those lovely chinese (6 billion people can't be wrong)
Currently the biggest oil user and owner too, all those lovely oil-fields in Kurdistan and Krygzystan belong to ,or optioned to them.
Errr, slight mistake spud, population of China is 1.3 billion - but then, they all look alike dont they, maybe you counted then all 4 times by mistake.....