US trade gap widens as oil soars

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Aug 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

How long before we get to $75.00 a barrel? More importantly, at what level will it start to bite the US economy?

Saw a piece on BBC24 last night, where delivery companies are going to start charging fuel weighting to their customers 8O
  2. You're looking west, you should be more concerned looking East
    Those lovely chinese (6 billion people can't be wrong)
    Currently the biggest oil user and owner too, all those lovely oil-fields in Kurdistan and Krygzystan belong to ,or optioned to them.
  3. I already have looked east Darthspud. They hold rather a lot of options on Iranian Oil fields as well.
    Now if I was cynical.............
  4. Do you think I should warn-off the wife for arrival of next invite to Tony and Dubya's beach party deux ????
    Think she's going to be a bit miffed if i miss another christmas lazing in the sun.
    Mind you I am a full civvy cnut now, but hell, he may mbilise everyone just for the hell of it.
    Full employment
    Never fight a land war in Asia????
    Tony and Dubya need to read their history and heed Monty's words of wisdom
  5. Errr, slight mistake spud, population of China is 1.3 billion - but then, they all look alike dont they, maybe you counted then all 4 times by mistake.....
  6. At the rate they are reproducing,even with their birth control measures, i may well be accurate.