US to get Starship Troopers MI suits...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bravo_Bravo, Sep 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Maybe they have been reading the naafi thread about Zombies?? Do they know something we dont
  2. There was a thread mentioning this a while ago.
    IIRC there is a longer, more informative video available on you tube

Edit to add link

Type in exoskeleton and there are a few videos for your viewing pleasure
  3. Can't wait for the battery management problem, how big do you reckon the G4 element will have to be.
  4. could make them solar powered - only seem to fight in sunny climates
  5. With this development, we--America--are just one step closer to invading your depressing little rain-soaked island, stealing all the good-looking women, requiring mandatory dental work from the whole populace, turning it into Disneyland and putting the Boston-Irish in charge of running the place. :twisted:
  6. Hello Virgil,

I'm afraid not old chap,your robot suits will rust up in the rain.
    Is that a Chieftain at the end of that video?

7. I, for one, welcome our new lard-arsed, pig-humping redneck overlords.
  8. Virgil, I'd only be worried if they were bullet-proof as well
  9. Yes, I would welcome them as well. At least they would sort out the BBC after tonights disgrace :x
  10. Don't know about the mandatory dental work.

I recall reading 'Tornado Down', written by a RAF pilot and his navigator and telling the story of their captivity and torture at the hands of the Iraqis during the first gulf war.

One of the nearby cells was occupied by an American (part of an 'elite force' sent to rescue the hapless Brits) who spent all night wailing about his orthodontics. Now, if he had been a manky toothed Brit, he'd have been delighted to have somebody kick his teeth down his throat. He would therefore have been able to spend his evenings more constructively by, for example, tunnelling his way to freedom under cover of the wooden vaulting horse used by the prison gymnastics club.

In any case, I can reveal that we have our own Starship Trooper suit in development:-

It's compatible with both Bowman and iPod, it runs Windows 98 and it's powered by a small windmill that pops out of the head automatically whenever its 16 internal car batteries need recharging.

In conclusion all I can say is come on then if you think you're hard enough.
  11. This was in 'Popular Science' about 5 years ago when it was in initial development IIRC.
    Fantasy Island along with the Phase Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range.
  12. Seeing that the majority of your enlisted Armed Forces personel join up for dental treatment (or some other perk) as they can't afford it in civilian life thats excedingly rich. :twisted:
  13. Honestly I've never heard of anyone joining for the military dental plan!

Now college fund that's different.

Or after, entering the NCO ranks, the Korean, Filipina or German wives every other US Army SGT seems to get issued.
  14. Fools, we've already infiltrated.