US to boot non-deployable troops

With regards to culling the oxygen thieves, it would be a complete waste of time until we actually reach correct manning levels.
Having less badmin cases means the CoC has more time to focus on the decent soldiers. The spacktards tend to hinder output rather than contribute to it.

That's what we do. Surprising how many manage to get back through the door at five months and three weeks. Only to go off again not long later.
not sure about plod, but it's a rolling year in the NHS and many private sector Occupational sick pay schemes ... i.e. if you have had the maximum duration of full and half pay you;d need to be back at work for a year for them to be reset

A good start would be to have an accountable light duties system where frog mouthed cowardly faced invertebrates can't avoid an exercise because of a sudden bout of sadness.
Last time I ran an exercise I couldn't get med cover from my own unit because the medics all signed each other's bloody sick chocs and every single one of them was too poorly to sit in a bloody ambulance for no longer than 5 hours.
Disgraceful, I would love to know which unit this happened at!

The Medics should be a shining example of both physical and mental health - the rest of the unit is relying on them. Obviously, I don't live in fairy-land so I know this is far from the case, but, I think it highlights that there needs to be a much needed adjustment of attitude and tolerance.

It's called ODR and most officers above the rank of "NIG" are quite capable of using it and finding out who needs to do what when.

Keeping people up to date isn't a HR job. It's a 2ic job and it's easy. Unless those people physically aren't there, which is why units on a very busy rotation often have terrible or just made up MATTs.

With regards to culling the oxygen thieves, it would be a complete waste of time until we actually reach correct manning levels.

A good start would be to have an accountable light duties system where frog mouthed cowardly faced invertebrates can't avoid an exercise because of a sudden bout of sadness.
Last time I ran an exercise I couldn't get med cover from my own unit because the medics all signed each other's bloody sick chocs and every single one of them was too poorly to sit in a bloody ambulance for no longer than 5 hours.
I was posting about the Commanders Report, which as it falls under the JPA banner (OBIEE Dashboard function), suddenly becomes an HR responsibility. Despite the fact the Managers (SNCO and above) should all have access to it.

ODR doesn't, AFAIK (happy to be proven wrong) record vaccinations, Medical grades and review dates, Dental Inspection dates, Will returns, NOOB figures and the rest of the G1 Readiness piece. Just MATTs do not a deployable soldier make.

Just MATTs do not a deployable soldier make.
You don't even have to do MATTs to deploy when they want someone in a hurry.

You don't even have to do MATTs to deploy when they want someone in a hurry.
A valid point Stacker.

I'm just amazed that my point of ignorance in what JPA can do, and who has access to do it has been highlighted in the post that first quoted me.

I was posting about the Commanders Report, which as it falls under the JPA banner (OBIEE Dashboard function), suddenly becomes an HR responsibility. Despite the fact the Managers (SNCO and above) should all have access to it.

ODR doesn't, AFAIK (happy to be proven wrong) record vaccinations, Medical grades and review dates, Dental Inspection dates, Will returns, NOOB figures and the rest of the G1 Readiness piece. Just MATTs do not a deployable soldier make.
Ah gotcha.

You're right. Pretty much nobody has access to that except the clerks. Which is why people get surprised when they need emergency dentals the week before a posting.

Ah gotcha.

You're right. Pretty much nobody has access to that except the clerks. Which is why people get surprised when they need emergency dentals the week before a posting.
Most Commanders I know have access and look pretty shocked when I explain it to them.

Any one with access to the Unit MI Manager actor on JPA has access to the report.

JPA is not just a clerical tool.

ugly

LE
Having less badmin cases means the CoC has more time to focus on the decent soldiers. The spacktards tend to hinder output rather than contribute to it.
Indeed as sickies tend to block pids which could be recruited for.

Indeed as sickies tend to block pids which could be recruited for.
One of my most rantiest subjects, is the weakness of the chain of command when it comes to ******* over the decent fit lads because they are to lazy to deal with the biffs.
It wasn't so long ago where biff toms would be put in the post room as an acting LCpl, then get promoted because they had been doing LCpls job.
Taking fit soldiers of the decent detachments/courses and replacing them with biffs so the fit lads could go on a shit exercise.

Last edited:
There are going to be a lot of lardy street buskers after they go around the bands with a set of scales.

Could we not not teach the US something about troops binning non deployable boots?