US threatens to withhold intel over lockerbie incident.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by venom, Sep 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1000 apologies if this has been done already so bear with me.

The US government has been recently threatening to withdraw accurate and timely intel over UK terror threats in light of Gormless Gordo's decision to release the Lockerbie bomber to Libya....

So much for our so called "Special" relationship.

Are we so reliant on the US for everything?

We bend over backwards to fawn and lick the US governments arrse, then make an independant decision not to their liking and they try to fcuk us deep up the arrse.

Could the UK ever act independantly from the US or are we forever to be their lapdogs?

:x

2. The whole "with hold intel" is a load of rubbish and shows a complete lack of understanding of how the US/UK relationship actually works.

3. Do elaborate!

4. It means our relationship with the US is solid and far from a position where any nation thinks it can suddenly withhold anything (we are heavily invested in each other). It is just armchair politics who at their level do not see how the cogs work.

5. thank you.

But the second point of my question is to what degree could the UK armed forces function without the support from the US?

i.e. logistical and intel based support?

I heard that in the 1st and 2nd gulf war, the British Army earned the affectionate nickname of "borrowers" due to our penchant for erm borrowing?

:?

6. Laboon and ice cream for one.

7. Ask Argentina...

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

A word of advice, not everything in the media is true, they make a large part of it up.

9. OMG, this is terrible news! Without American "intel", we might have suicide bombers killing dozens of people in London!! 8O

Oh, hang on... :roll:

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Best the sweaty socks "un" release him then :roll:

As Disco alluded to, this little tiff like all the others is already history - what you are seeing is media tampering and polititians pandering to various audiences....

11. Um, is there a source for this?