US spymasters repeat attack warnings

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ozgerbobble, Feb 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oh dear :roll: still pushing out the same old shiete
  2. I have read three US paper today not one of them has picked up on this assesment.

3. What did you expect from Porter Goss?

A Bush Yes man gets top slot at the Agency, after the previous incumbent dutifully falls on his sword , for providing the NSA and White House with EXACTLY what they wanted to hear , against the advice of CIA field and Intel analysts.

It's shia'ite

Get those old boys back in, the mob from the 80's and early 90's.
  4. I would much rather have the mob from the 50's and 60's personally.
  5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

is there another election coming up?
  6. Amen Tom6

How many times did that team keep the world from tipping into a global exchange? The teams woking during the Cuban Missile Crisis must have been some men. But then again, weren't most of them ex-OSS?

I'd still like to see some of the faces from the 70's and early 80's back in though , the guys who were large on HUMINT.
  7. Actually Carter and his hatchet man Stansfiled Turner slashed HUMINT ruthlessly from the CIA. It came back to bite him when the Shah fell and our embassy was seized. Ever since it was felt that technical intel would be the wave of the future.
  8. well it seems to me that at least rumsfeld has realised that men on the ground are far superior to any fancy multi billion dollar spying machine. Hence the huge exapnsion in SF and CIA direct action budgets/recruitment.

I just hope it will make up for all the years of cuts