US Soldiers - plea of help to John Kerry

Yes - it goes to prove, that spelling is absolutely crap in the US armed forces - are they there with their ears in Iraq?! The mind boggles....

me n bee said:
Yes - it goes to prove, that spelling is absolutely crap in the US armed forces - are they there with their ears in Iraq?! The mind boggles....
Its Irony you mongs

and those are MARINES not Soldiers

armchair_jihad said:
me n bee said:
Its Irony you mongs
No, it's definitely written on paper.

Funny as a funny thing with extra comedy bits stuck on. Good on 'em, that's one in the arrse for Kelly, after his fatuous comment.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Excellent, well done the US MArines :)

Kerry is an arrogant tw@t - that's probably why he lost the Election last time, so in many ways it's his fault that they are where they are.

Hmm. The joke John Kerry made referred to Bush, not to the military. Nowhere does it mention the military in the quote:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."
Anyway, going off-topic - finding crappy spelling amusing might not be so funny after all:

Exam chiefs in Scotland were branded "ridiculous" today after admitting that answers written in text message language will be acceptable in English tests as long as they are correct.

The Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) said the use of phrases like "2b r nt 2b" or "i luv u" in exam papers would be allowed as long as candidates showed that they understood the subject.
Education story

Armchair jihad wrote:"and those are MARINES not Soldiers"

No one said they were soldiers - and aren't marines soldiers??? Or perhaps they are sailors, last time I read about marines they were sea soldiers. But ok, they are marines, sailors in army uniform....

Irony, cynisism... I love it all, so long as you bite sarcasm rules!!! :twisted:

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Ex_ex said:
Hmm. The joke John Kerry made referred to Bush, not to the military. Nowhere does it mention the military in the quote:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."
Rubbish! Everyone listening to it, and almost everyone since, take it at face value - and attck on the intelligence and education of the US Forces. He has rightly been taken to task for this. How does this refer to Bush, given that Bush did rather better at Unversity that Kerry - and it doesn't mention Bush any more than it doesn't mention the military!

Armchair Jihad - MARINES ROTFLMAO - Methinks that you are the mong you ueberwalt LOL

me n bee said:
Armchair jihad wrote:"and those are MARINES not Soldiers"

No one said they were soldiers - and aren't marines soldiers??? Or perhaps they are sailors, last time I read about marines they were sea soldiers. But ok, they are marines, sailors in army uniform....

Irony, cynisism... I love it all, so long as you bite sarcasm rules!!! :twisted:
They are the navy equivlent of the raf regiment :D .
bush whining about kerry mangling the language thats irony :D .

me n bee said:
Methinks that you are the mong you ueberwalt LOL
there is nothing waltish about 49 Para I'll have you know

and I still say that they are MARINES

OldSnowy said:
Ex_ex said:

Rubbish! Everyone listening to it, and almost everyone since, take it at face value - and attck on the intelligence and education of the US Forces. He has rightly been taken to task for this. How does this refer to Bush, given that Bush did rather better at Unversity that Kerry - and it doesn't mention Bush any more than it doesn't mention the military!
Senator Kerry, who lost to Mr Bush in the 2004 election, later said the line had been a "botched joke" aimed at the president; an aide explained that it had been intended to mean that Mr Bush's intellectual laziness had led the country into war but had been "mangled in delivery".

Senator Kerry hit back at what he called White House distortion, arguing it was "a remarkable testament to their abject failure in making America safe". The senator, a Vietnam war hero, said he rejected criticism from "Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country".
My bold. You don't really think Kerry meant it as an attack on the military do you?

Article here

Nope, thats the New ACU uniforms the Army wears, note the Right Shoulder Patch on the readers far left. It's the 34th Infantry Division Insignia, Marines havent worn shoulder sleeve insignia since 1947

I know, I did the last op jump with 49, tumbling out into the slipstream pissed as a newt and landing on the fagbutt infested ground in front of my block - trauma, I am 49 paras first casualty of war!

LineDoggie said:
Nope, thats the New ACU uniforms the Army wears, note the Right Shoulder Patch on the readers far left. It's the 34th Infantry Division Insignia, Marines havent worn shoulder sleeve insignia since 1947
Ok ok ok I'll shut up, the fact that their heads look like jars and that APC on the left is outweighted by better informed council.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Ex_ex said:
OldSnowy said:
Ex_ex said:

Senator Kerry, who lost to Mr Bush in the 2004 election, later said the line had been a "botched joke" aimed at the president; an aide explained that it had been intended to mean that Mr Bush's intellectual laziness had led the country into war but had been "mangled in delivery".

Senator Kerry hit back at what he called White House distortion, arguing it was "a remarkable testament to their abject failure in making America safe". The senator, a Vietnam war hero, said he rejected criticism from "Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country".
My bold. You don't really think Kerry meant it as an attack on the military do you?
Yes I do. He has proven in the past that he is arrogant and out-of-touch - which is one of the reasons he lost to Bush last time. And wan't he proved to have made up a lot of his Vietnam experiences prior to the last election? "Swift Boats" ring any bells?

He was careless, and thoughtless, and got found out - and made the situation worse by whinging about it.

Any politician, US or British, who abuses those serving on Ops - as Kerry most certainly did here - deserves to be pilloried in this way (although literally would be better).

armchair_jihad said:
Shush, you Scheissefresser!

Those men and women are clearly not United States Marines. You can clearly distinguish the following combat indicators:

1. They wear the wrong uniforms.
2. Their officer wears a conspicuous shoulder holster.
3. Marine women don't smile.
4. Marines standardize their dress before taking a picture.
5. Marines don't slouch.
6. Marines actually spell like that.

cheesypoptart said:
armchair_jihad said:
Shush, you Scheissefresser!

Those men and women are clearly not United States Marines. You can clearly distinguish the following combat indicators:

1. They wear the wrong uniforms.
2. Their officer wears a conspicuous shoulder holster.
3. Marine women don't smile.
4. Marines standardize their dress before taking a picture.
5. Marines don't slouch.
6. Marines actually spell like that.
Right then I am retracting my retraction to LineDoggie in the veiw of adding to the thread

How do you know that they are not MARINES deliberately incriminating an alledged Guard Unit by embroiling it in Karl Roves campaign against the US Democrats?

Latest Threads