US Soldiers - plea of help to John Kerry

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bravo_Bravo, Nov 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Class...pure class!

[​IMG]

2. Yes - it goes to prove, that spelling is absolutely crap in the US armed forces - are they there with their ears in Iraq?! The mind boggles....

3. Its Irony you mongs

and those are MARINES not Soldiers

4. No, it's definitely written on paper.

5. Funny as a funny thing with extra comedy bits stuck on. Good on 'em, that's one in the arrse for Kelly, after his fatuous comment.

6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Excellent, well done the US MArines :)

Kerry is an arrogant tw@t - that's probably why he lost the Election last time, so in many ways it's his fault that they are where they are.

7. Hmm. The joke John Kerry made referred to Bush, not to the military. Nowhere does it mention the military in the quote:

Anyway, going off-topic - finding crappy spelling amusing might not be so funny after all:

Education story

8. Armchair jihad wrote:"and those are MARINES not Soldiers"

No one said they were soldiers - and aren't marines soldiers??? Or perhaps they are sailors, last time I read about marines they were sea soldiers. But ok, they are marines, sailors in army uniform....

Irony, cynisism... I love it all, so long as you bite sarcasm rules!!! :twisted:

9. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Rubbish! Everyone listening to it, and almost everyone since, take it at face value - and attck on the intelligence and education of the US Forces. He has rightly been taken to task for this. How does this refer to Bush, given that Bush did rather better at Unversity that Kerry - and it doesn't mention Bush any more than it doesn't mention the military!

10. Armchair Jihad - MARINES ROTFLMAO - Methinks that you are the mong you ueberwalt LOL

11. They are the navy equivlent of the raf regiment :D .
    bush whining about kerry mangling the language thats irony :D .

12. there is nothing waltish about 49 Para I'll have you know

and I still say that they are MARINES

13. My bold. You don't really think Kerry meant it as an attack on the military do you?

Article here

14. Nope, thats the New ACU uniforms the Army wears, note the Right Shoulder Patch on the readers far left. It's the 34th Infantry Division Insignia, Marines havent worn shoulder sleeve insignia since 1947